SimpleCitizen (51-200 Employees, 113% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who we are
At SimpleCitizen, we make immigration work better for people and companies by transforming what are often manual and cumbersome processes into modern, automated workflows. We differentiate from the competition through relentless focus on our customers: the immigration applicant and the people who work at our client companies managing global immigration and mobility programs. We are laser focused on creating delightful user experiences, efficient processes and easy access to data and information when it is needed.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve built a reputation of doing whatever it takes to help legal immigrants to the United States obtain permanent residence and citizenship at a fraction of the cost and time, while achieving an industry-leading success rate and superb customer reviews and NPS ratings.
Over the last couple of years, we’ve taken that same attitude and innovative spirit into the corporate immigration space and just recently joined Fragomen—the largest and leading immigration law firm and services provider in the United States and around the world. For nearly 70 years, Fragomen has been exclusively dedicated to providing immigration guidance and support and has a global footprint of over 50 offices worldwide supporting immigration into more than 170 countries. Fragomen’s professionals are recognized as the world’s preeminent immigration practitioners and thought leaders in their respective jurisdictions. This exciting acquisition will provide SimpleCitizen with financial backing and a broad base of exciting clients, enabling us to continue to improve the immigration experience for hundreds of thousands of workers around the globe.
Opportunities to truly disrupt an industry are not that common, but this is one of them. In partnership with Fragomen, the stage is set for SimpleCitizen to transform the multi-billion-dollar corporate immigration industry. We will win because of our uncompromising customer focus, our innovative approach to technology and our recent union with the preeminent legal immigration services provider in the industry.
To achieve this bold mission, we’ll need the help of the best people in product, design and engineering.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an engineer that knows both the software and infrastructure best practices and design patterns for modern scalable application architecture. Ideally this person should be able to work between infrastructure and the software development teams to help design and implement solutions for securely running our applications and development processes.
- Collaborate with product teams, and other engineering teams to design and build state-of-the art solutions
- Maintain a culture of quality technical work mixed with respectful interpersonal skills
- Experience designing, building, and operating large scale services, solving problems including performance, scalability, reliability, observability, cost management, etc.
- Develop technical skills further to keep up to date with new DevOps/SRE technologies
- Working with partners and compliance measures on a Global scale.
- Be a self starter, work with agility, and adapt to a quickly changing industry and work environment
- Experience with containerization, container management, and cluster management (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, ECS/EKS)
- Experience deploying and running AWS-based solutions (and familiar with tools such as CloudWatch, IAM, VPC, EC2, S3, EFS, RDS, etc. or an equivalent cloud provider)
- Experience or understanding of managing infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform or AWS CloudFormation
- Understanding of hybrid cloud architecture and networks
- Understanding of AWS multi-account strategy
- Experience with Git and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience working on-call shifts and in production-grade environments
- Positive communication and social skills to work with multiple teams