Raft (51-200 Employees, 265% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
This is a U.S. based position. Majority of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Who we are:
Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
Our team is rapidly growing and looking for an experienced DevSecOps Engineer to lead DevOps efforts and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. We enjoy the challenges of human-centered design, security, and scale to create better outcomes for our federal agency partners. We are a remote-first and work completely in the open source.
What you will do:
- Architect, develop and implement end-to-end cluster and application life cycles
- Work with development team in architecting, developing and implementing cloud solutions
- Implement cybersecurity best practices
- Develop and implement CI/CD pipelines
- Implement GitOps for Software Delivery
Who you are:
- Someone eager to provide input to the customer and likes collaborating with a team
- Someone who wants to be seen as a thought leader and willing to tackle hard problems
- Continuous learner with a passion for teaching others in the team
- Extensive experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation etc.)
- Experience in application security, vulnerability management, security scanners
- Experience with deployment, release automation, and orchestration
- Experience with supporting enterprise Cloud applications and infrastructure
- Experience with configuring CI/CD pipelines
- Strong familiarity in languages like Python, BASH, or YAML for automation
- Our Senior Engineers typically have over 5 years of industry experience.
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it’s a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.