Plex (51-200 Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
A candidate will have a common knowledge or understanding of basic techniques and workflow concepts around file-based video ingestion for varying video products from AVOD, TVOD, to SVOD. They will be highly detail-oriented, maintain low error-rate, while also being productive and efficient. Basic requirements will be confirming metadata matches on the content delivered, asset tracking through delivery to publish, verifying correct geography and avails of partner content
What you’ll do
- Represent Plex Operations globally, manage the day-to-day to ensure proper workflow execution to expedite published content on the Plex app for us and our partners.
- Asset Management. Track and manage the receipt, ingest, and publishing of asset elements in coordination with operations and the curation team. Manage issues related to live assets and channels through to successful resolution.
- License and Quality Compliance. Ensure Plex stays in compliance with all contractual & legal obligations related to the distribution of content and that the user’s experience viewing the content matches or exceeds our quality standards.
- Key Stakeholder Communications. Work with content and partner managers to support feature enhancements and ensure alignment with content priorities, ad serving optimization, and operational best practices.
What you bring to the table
- You have 3+ years of experience in Content Operations, Client Management, or a background rooted in media supply chains and descriptive metadata, paired with a strong technical savvy.
- You have a basic knowledge of G-suite
- You’re self-motivated and able to work well in a distributed work environment.
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- You have a strong understanding of media operations and technologies and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts.
- You are super-passionate and knowledgeable about movies and TV.
- You’re intrinsically motivated! No detail is too small and no task is too menial.
- You are customer-focused to a fault – both external and internal.
Who we are
Plex is a global streaming media platform that gives millions of customers around the world the freedom to enjoy all the content they love in one simple, beautiful app. Our vision is to empower real human connections by bringing people and entertainment together. So, we’re on a mission to create a global community for streaming content that people can depend on to easily discover, experience, and share all of the entertainment that matters to them.
What sets us apart
- We are the largest independent streaming platform built by a global team of employees who are fanatically passionate about delivering the highest quality, most unified, and user-friendliest entertainment experience possible.
- We have always been a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in nearly 20 different countries and 11 time zones.
- We host epic in-person off-sites to bring team members together a few times a year.
- We are passionate about our mission and we work hard, while still providing flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We are committed to improving the communities where we live and work with charitable contributions, partnerships, and service.
- Plex hires new team members in countries around the world.
- As such, Plex does not sponsor employment visas.
- All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our hiring team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
- Also, please note, though we largely work asynchronously, as it relates to meetings, those generally occur between UTC 1600 to UTC 1900
The Plex Values
- Be kind, humble, and helpful.
- Approach problems with curiosity, creativity, and flexibility.
- Put yourself on the customer’s couch.
- Be a good steward. Like a boss!
- Build relationships to ensure healthy debate.
- Foster a global and diverse team spirit.
- Show gratitude and give back.
- Seek balance for yourself and Plex.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Hardware stipend
- Flextime, work from anywhere
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical/dental/vision) (US employees)
- Stock options
- 401k (US employees)
- Plex for the Planet community service opportunities
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
- At Plex, we get our people together at least twice a year to help forge connections and build deeper relationships all while having an awesome time. As such, Plex has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, subject to legally required disability or religious accommodations, for all in person events. Please note, these events are optional.
Does this sound interesting? We’re looking for a Digital Asset Specialist who is ready to join us to have a material impact in Plex’s growth and success!
Plex is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.