About Swing Left
Swing Left is a national grassroots organization working to elect Democrats up and down the ballot. We make it possible for anyone to make a big impact on the elections that determine the balance of power in our country, by volunteering and donating in key races. Since our founding in 2017, the Swing Left community has raised $38 million directly for Democratic candidates and civic organizations, and completed 35 million volunteer-driven voter contact actions, including door knocking, phone calls, and letter writing.
The Digital Content Manager will support marketing initiatives by conceptualizing and drafting content for email and social media platforms. This role is responsible for posting across Swing Left’s channels and monitoring for audience engagement and feedback. This role reports to the Digital Platforms Director and is an at-will position that we anticipate will end after the 2022 election cycle, with the possibility of extension into the 2024 election cycle
- Support Swing Left campaigns across social and email channels by conceptualizing ideas and drafting social/email copy
- Execute content strategies across digital channels and monitor audience engagement and feedback
- Track and elevate patterns in audience engagement to inform messaging strategy
- Translate ongoing news items and rapid response opportunities into digital content
- Support content calendar creation and campaign tracking
- Provide QA, fact-checking, and some editing assistance across digital channels
Successful Digital Content Manager candidates will have
- Proven track record creating content for large-scale email and social programs, particularly for a candidate, campaign, or non-profit with a focus on grassroots fundraising and volunteer engagement
- Up-to-date knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram platform requirements and content parameters
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience communicating to a top-of-funnel volunteer/donor audience
- Experience executing multiple projects across digital platforms simultaneously
- Proficient in AP style
- Experience writing and editing training materials, guides, and toolkits a plus
- Experience creating multi-channel digital ad content a plus
- Experience with LinkedIn, YouTube, and TikTok content creation a plus
Working at Swing Left
The Digital Content Manager position is a full-time, remote position. The salary range for this position is $60,000-$70,000 annually. In addition to health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, Swing Left’s benefits package includes a professional development fund, a remote work fund, and a technology stipend for all employees. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our benefits, parental leave policies and other, similar benefits in interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer and seek applications from all qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
We believe that the GOP’s bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, people with disabilities, women and LGBTQ people. As we seek to build both a political system and organization that represents and uplifts these voices, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities and members of other marginalized communities.