Coding Dojo (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Coding Dojo is a bootcamp that helps students transform their lives through programming literacy.
Digital Marketing Instructor – This is a remote work position working overnight hours in the US to teach students in Arabia time zone
ABOUT CODING DOJO
Coding Dojo is a global education technology company that offers a three-full-stack computer programming bootcamp, as well as courses on Data Science and other emerging technologies. The innovative curriculum and Learning Management System are designed to train students to become self-sufficient developers, regardless of their technical background. We also make it a mission to support underserved communities and increase diversity in the tech industry.
This position is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and make a positive impact in many people’s lives. At Coding Dojo we pride ourselves on possessing a culture of execution that caters to wave makers rather than wave riders. If you’re interested in joining a diverse and dynamic team who value speed, continuous improvement, measurement, focus, accountability, and always attacking the gap, you’ll feel right at home at Coding Dojo.
- Create the content/curriculum of the Digital Marketing program
- Deliver instruction on Digital Marketing and related topics
- Facilitate group discussions, demos, and in-class remote activities
- Follow industry trends for Digital Marketing
- Play a hands-on role in curriculum development, use what you learn from working with students to make the curriculum world class
- Gather and report on student metrics
- Work alongside Coding Dojo’s Online Instruction team to deliver remote training
- Participate in professional training, so you stay fresh
- Facilitate deployment of curriculum with any Coding Dojo clients with the ability to flex work and tasks based on client needs and requests
- Prepare students for success by providing coaching in all aspects of their journey towards becoming critical thinkers and problem solvers
- Implement state law policies relating to career/vocational schools, such as enforcing student attendance, grading assignments, etc.
- Enforce the 20 minute rule with all students while showing compassion and expressing the benefits of becoming self-sufficient
- Frequently (every 20-30 minutes) check on every student’s progress. Be aware of each student’s progress and challenges. Balance your approach of when to step in to help students, and when to challenge students
- Create and support a fun atmosphere for learning
- Aid students in achieving student success metrics. These are: curriculum NPS of 8.5, overall belt succession rate of 90% (Black Belt pass rate of 50%), and student placement rate of 95% within 90 days of graduation
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, prioritization, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in teaching that would include one or more areas of mentoring, industry training, online, or classroom instruction.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching that would include one or more areas of mentoring, industry training, online, or classroom instruction.
- Proven work experience as a Digital media specialist or Digital marketing manager or comparable role
- Skillful knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Audacity and/or other media editing software
- Experience with visual communication principles
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Familiarity with web design and principals
- Outstanding analytical and project management skills
- Be able to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Your verbal and written communication skills should be very strong.
- BSc degree in Marketing, Digital media or relevant field or equivalent experience
- Additional qualification in web design or animation is desirable.
- Desire to teach, develop and manage
- Leadership – able to show leadership
- Enthusiasm – exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude
- Calm under pressure – maintains stable performance even when under heavy pressure or stress
- Information processing skills – demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- Communication – can break down complex concepts in a simple, easy to understand manner
- Humble – respectful of everyone and their neuro-diversity