The mission of the Business Analytics team is to empower every CircleCI team member to gain timely insights that will drive good business decisions and scale our business. The Business Analytics portfolio is critical to the growth of CircleCI, by building data insights, customer intelligence, data openness, accessibility, and reliability. As the Director of Business Analytics you will lead the company in building and curating our “single source of truth” about our customers, revenue, engineering efforts, and data management.
In this cross-company leadership role, you will lead the company in adopting central data management and business intelligence. This includes consolidating historically disparate data archives, data architecture, nomenclature, data integration, and governance. You will set and communicate a clear technical direction that supports our business goals, driving standards for engineering excellence that lead to scale and customer satisfaction. From these infrastructure-related efforts, you’ll build a culture of unified data insights that enable efficient business decision making.
What you’ll do:
- Lead business analytics and initiatives that generate real time insights for the business
- Provide input to the business analytics technology & roadmap in collaboration with key partners
- Lead in establishing standard methodologies in analytics and using data to drive business decisions and goal setting
- Provide analytical support on strategy, product development, and financial modeling to improve organizational decision making
- Support the organization by deploying business analytics processes and managing cross-departmental analytics & reporting initiatives
- Collaborate and coordinate with our Product Data Science and Engineering Data Platform teams to ensure we consistently meet the data needs across the business
- Partner with leadership teams across all organizations to build and strengthen a data-inspired culture
- Inspire, lead and grow a globally distributed team including data scientists, data analysts, and data engineers
- Build strong relationships in order to strength data culture and analytics team integration into key processes
What you have:
- 7+ years experience in business data analytics and insights
- 4+ years leading a team of data scientists, data analysts, and/or data engineers
- An innate ability to leverage the data that we have, while striving to establish the data that we want
- Strong executive communication and management
- Expert level knowledge of business insights and analytics tools, platforms, and technologies
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, retaining and scaling diverse, geographically dispersed, successful teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence without authority
- Experience with driving analytics and research for a new or rapidly scaling business or product line preferred
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools – processing more than 1 million builds a day – CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $160,000 – $200,000 / year, plus applicable bonuses