Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Meta, Inc. is looking for a seasoned leader to lead our AI Productivity and AI Platform Data Science team. We are looking for someone who is not only a talented leader, but also has strong technical depth and experience. You will drive data science partnership with business leaders across multiple teams in the Infrastructure organization which are tasked with building a common ML ecosystem that can effectively address present and future ML needs for Meta in a variety of areas.You will have an opportunity to establish a roadmap and vision as the team engages in existing and new areas. We will rely on your leadership to expand our toolkit, enrich the strategic signal of our data, and grow a team that will use these core assets to have a big impact on the entire company’s productivity. This also includes building innovative solutions and collaborating with engineering partners to integrate them into Meta’s technical stack.
Director Data Science Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a team of the very top talent – the brightest minds in analytics and data engineering with the ability to not only keep up with, but also pioneer, in this space.
- Collaborate with and influence leadership so that your team’s work directly impacts infrastructure strategy.
- Develop new techniques and data that will enable answering previously unanswerable and new questions.
- Develop deep partnerships with engineering and product teams to deliver on major cross-functional measurements, testing, and modeling efforts.
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the organization, including executives.
- Provide success in partnering teams with dramatically varying backgrounds, from the highly technical to the highly creative.
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field – computer science, statistics, operations research, economics, etc.
- 10+ years of experience in Analytics/Data Science/Data Engineering or Quantitative fields, both as an individual contributor and managing teams.
- Experience designing a data science roadmap and executing the vision behind it.
- Experience instilling a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results.
- Track record of recruiting talent in data engineering, analytics, and data science.
- Track record of delivering analytics products and insights, and influencing product and engineering decisions.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]