Confluent (501+ Employees, 110% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Role:
We are looking for a highly motivated, accomplished partner marketing leader to join Confluent’s marketing team. In this role, you will lead the visioning, strategy development, and execution of marketing efforts across our rapidly scaling ecosystem of cloud partners, system integrators, and ISV partners. Your efforts will shape our strategic campaigns and events, drive our success in telling the ‘better together’ stories, effectively communicate joint value propositions to the market, and elevate the Confluent brand across our partner ecosystem. Ultimately you will be accountable for partner-influenced marketing sourced pipeline generation efforts globally, as well as marketing-influenced pipeline created jointly with partners.
What You Will Do:
- Create a vision and strategy to implement marketing plans to support and scale Confluent’s partner GTM activities, solutions, and pipeline
- Drive marketing to, with, and through our global partner ecosystem, which includes Cloud partners, Global System Integrators, Regional System Integrators, and ISVs
- Understand partners’ business objectives, go-to-market approach, and channels, and use this insight to build and execute joint partner marketing strategy focused on lead generation and opportunity pipeline
- Create and deploy scalable marketing programs, with appropriate customization for type of partner (Cloud vs. SI vs. ISV), industry focus, target geographies, level/role/buying personas of target audiences, etc.
- Lead our high-performing partner marketing team and build a world-class team as we grow by hiring and developing top talent
- Own the partner marketing budget and direct investments based on strategic priorities, as well as ensure the marketing development fund (MDF) program budget is managed effectively
- Work in a highly collaborative manner with Confluent’s Revenue Marketing, Product Marketing, Finance, Product, Solution Engineering, and PR teams to promote joint solutions, develop marketing materials and tools, and ensure a consistent brand message
- Engage and educate partners and partners on Confluent’s value proposition through events and campaigns
- Extend the power of our brand by developing correlations between technical outcomes, business outcomes, and business value for partners and end customers
- Drive the quarterly retrospectives and quarterly & annual planning cycles for the partner marketing function; present and communicate plans and outcomes to senior leadership
What You Will Bring:
- 8+ years partner marketing experience, with at least 3+ years of partner marketing experience with Cloud partners (AWS, MSFT, GCP) as well as SIs and/or ISVs
- 5+ years of experience at high-growth enterprise software/infrastructure organizations, ideally with expertise in data platforms, cloud, and open-source.
- Strong track record of success with partner engagement, particularly in relationship building, lead flow, demand generation, and attribution
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present complex technical ideas in a simple, straightforward manner
- Proven ability to write persuasively with strong editing and proofreading skills
- Proven ability to engage with technical audiences as well as translate technical products and solutions for audiences that are less technical
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with and work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders internally and externally
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.