Elastic (501+ Employees, 36% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Elastic builds software to make data usable in real time and at scale for search, logging, security, and analytics use cases.
Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
To support our continued growth, we’re looking for a Director, GTM Strategy to join our Global Field Strategy, Operations, and Enablement team. You will partner closely with product, marketing, sales, and success to define long term GTM strategy for Elastic in all segments across direct outbound and inside sales, along with indirect channel programs. sales, marketing, and product leadership to define the long term GTM strategy for Elastic in all segments, (including financial goals, sales force composition, channel and marketing mix). You will be seen as a thought leader and a senior liaison representing GTM to other functional groups, defining horizon two and three strategies, and ensuring alignment of strategy with overall Elastic goals.
As Director GTM Strategy, you will report into the Senior Director of GTM Strategy and Planning, and fully immerse yourself in developing long term, horizon two and three, GTM strategy, collaborating with other members of the GTM Strategy, Operations, and Enablement team, as well as cross functional teams across Finance, Product, Marketing, and Sales & Success.
The right individual will be ambitious and results oriented – an analytical wiz with outstanding communication skills, high initiative, and strong leadership drive. Candidates should be able to generate hypotheses, independently analyze complex data and gather research, and make strategic recommendations despite uncertainty and ambiguity.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Set long-term GTM strategies for field operations in cross-functional partnership with sales, marketing, product, and finance teams based on business goals, market data, customer insights, and successful GTM practices
- Work cross-functionally with product, marketing, sales, and success to build organization alignment and develop integrated long-term GTM strategies to accelerate business growth in the core as well as new geographies, products, and market segments
- Develop and deploy GTM strategy, advising cross-functionally in fiscal year planning and ensuring sales, structure, and management (i.e. segmentation, coverage, territory, quota, compensation, etc.) reinforces GTM strategy
- Analyze the health of the business and present recommendations to executive leadership for strategic decision making and investments
- Support strategic projects assigned by GTM leadership and/or developed by the GTM Strategy team
- Partner with the Director, Strategic Planning and Review in the annual and long-range GTM planning process to ensure long-term GTM strategies are reflected
What You Bring Along:
- MBA strongly preferred; with a strategy consulting, GTM strategy, and/or product marketing background preferred
- 10+ years of strategy and/or strategic programs experience at a SaaS company, preferably at a Enterprise Platform company and/or data analytics industry
- Understanding of SaaS sales, marketing, and success and support models
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to draw insights from data and research, and to clearly and concisely communicate those insights
- Ability to take a hypothesis data-driven approach to strategic decision-making
- Highly collaborative, team player who is able to lead cross-functionally through influence and thought leadership
- Proven track record working in a fast-paced environment and organization skills to manage multiple project independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication; adept at presenting and engaging with stakeholders, executive level, and C-Suite
- Highly proficient in spreadsheet, presentation, and analytics software (e.g., Excel, Gsheet, Powerpoint, Gslide, Tableau, PowerBI, Salesforce)
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.