MetLife (501+ Employees, 6% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Apply now »
Date Posted: Jul 20, 2022
Remote, US, 0
Position: Director, Internal Recruiting/Mobility/MyPath
Job Location: Virtual
Role Value Proposition: The Director, Internal Recruiting/Mobility/My Path is a member of the Global Talent Acquisition team. Reporting to the VP of Talent Acquisition, working across the enterprise, this person will manage the day-to-day delivery of MyPath service offerings and internal recruiting. This person will leverage knowledge of workforce planning, talent acquisition, sourcing, internal mobility/staffing, and talent marketplace to build talent experiences across the enterprise. Provide advice and counsel to leaders looking to build internal talent pools. This is a global role; the Director is expected to be agile and capable of providing talent solutions based on organizational needs. This person will play a significant role in developing internal recruiting capabilities and will partner with talent leads and HRBPs to help create engagement and sourcing plans aimed at identifying and retaining talent for new opportunities at all levels. S/he will meet MetLife’s key strategic objectives today and, in the future, – people who represent our values and bring a rich diversity of skills, talents, and backgrounds.
MetLife Talent Acquisition continues to drive its transformation related to the way we approach senior hiring practices globally. This Executive Recruiter has an opportunity to contribute meaningfully as we continue to develop and implement best practices and processes.
- Lead and manage a team of internal recruiters to increase talent marketplace engagement and by placing top internal talent across the globe
- Enhance and leverage MyPath and CRM to create ongoing visibility of internal roles while improving the percentage of internal placements/fills at all levels across the organization
- Partner with HR Community to identifying critical talent needs while developing ongoing pipeline of internal talent for projects, gigs, and full-time roles
- Drive operational and process efficiency as well as continuous improvement using MyPath, CRM, and other systems through workflow automation and accountability model; develop and report on key metrics
- Direct internal recruitment for highly specialized and high-profile roles as indicated by key stakeholders
- Drive a positive employee experience from intake through internal offer process for all assignments
- Continually, research innovative and best practices and maintain awareness of trends and developments within the skills management field
- Lead, coach and develop team members and partners in support of individual and departmental goals
Essential business experience and technical skills:
- 10+ years of professional recruiting, staffing, or talent management experience with demonstrated success in developing, driving, and executing talent sourcing and acquisition strategies
- 3+ years managing a recruiting, sourcing team, and/or internal talent mobility function
- Experience with driving change management in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to understand and communicate market trends and provide value-added perspective on how best to engage and source internal employees source and attract talent globally
- Outstanding project and process management skills; highly organized, process driven, detail-orientated
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Motivates People – Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Models our Values – Creates a culture that promotes the company’s values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
- Focuses on Customers – Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Reports to: VP of Talent Acquisition
- Direct reports/team: up to 10 Direct Reports; project oversight to Internal Recruiting, MyPath, and Mobility Teams
- Key Stakeholders: Talent Acquisition team; MyPath Business Sponsor network, Talent Leads, Talent Development team, and HRBPs
< HR >
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
The wage range for this position specific to Colorado is ($103,000 to $137,300). The role is eligible for incentive compensation under the MetLife Annual Variable Incentive Plan (“AVIP”). Your eligibility for and award of incentives are governed by the terms of the plan. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes Medical, Dental, Life, Vision plus Retirement benefits and Paid Time Off.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020,we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 126549