Mozilla (501+ Employees, 18% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our outstanding corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them to risks.
We are looking for an experienced marketing leader that brings deep ad industry knowledge to Mozilla. You will help shape attribution and measurement solutions that are aligned to our value of respecting people’s privacy online.
As the Director of Marketing Performance, you will sit at the cross section of Media Activations, Product Marketing, Web and Data Science, collaborating with these teams to define business impact, build capabilities and analyze data that helps shape future business growth. You’ll also be a key client contact to the media agency of record, ensuring that agency output is aligned with our business strategy.
This role reports to the Director, Activations and works alongside a diverse and fast moving marketing organization.
What you’ll do
- Partner with Data Science to build the roadmap for marketing attribution needs across the portfolio
- Work with teams across Marketing to streamline our data sources, analyze results and outline how results impact business outcomes
- Build a working model between Marketing and Data Science, connecting the dots between Marketing data and Product data
- Work with media agency Analytics team to deliver reporting that fits Mozilla’s business needs
- Translate data and insights into actions and recommendations, communicating in a concise, honest, and understandable way
- Analytics thought leadership (full funnel coordination, marketplace changes, new ad technology)
- Building and implementing measurement plans (KPIs across funnel/media channels that creates overall storytelling around campaign success)
Who you are
- 10+ years of proven experience in a marketing analytics role at a media agency or client side
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills, you are able to break down highly complex problems involving large amounts of data
- Deep knowledge of the advertising landscape and ability to translate that knowledge for Mozilla’s unique business needs
- Experience running and analyzing A/B tests
- You are a strong storyteller and can tailor data and insights to different audiences
- Experience working with relational databases, SQL, modeling and building dashboards
- You have strong project management capabilities and can drive multiple work streams of varying complexity
- Comfortable leading and collaborating in a fast changing marketing environment
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.