Kruze Consulting (11-50 Employees, 19% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
JOB TITLE: Director of Accounting, Onboarding Services
COMPENSATION: Starting at $140,000/year, based on experience.
FULL-TIME: 40 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Head of Sales and Onboarding
WORKING HOURS: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
LOCATION: Must reside in the United States
Your job is delivering and managing amazing internal and external client services provided every day. You strive to provide extraordinary service to our clients and your team members. You go above and beyond the call of duty to support team members and delight our clients. You lead by example with an exemplary demonstration of Kruze’ Core Values.
The Director role will report to and support the Head of Sales and Onboarding. This position serves as a Senior Member of the Onboarding Services Team and will work as a critical team player supporting and developing the Onboarding Managers and supporting staff.
This is an interesting job if:
You enjoy working in the daily operations in accounting and finance services, and customer success/support. You love juggling many priorities, different requests, and using a variety of systems. You are a trusted advisor to your managers and team members.
You are a Process Person, and enjoy building, documenting, and executing the implementation of sustainable processes for Clients and your team internally, to create efficiency in Client delivery and Team Operations.
You excel at ensuring timely completion of tasks and compliance. This is an exhilarating role with many different aspects supporting internal operations as well as supporting clients from every kind of start-up entity you can imagine.
You love starting and completing small, large, and complex projects and running with them from start to finish while working in a collaborative manner with multiple departments. You are a detail and quality enthusiast. You go the extra mile to make sure your work and others’ work are done with the highest excellence.
You don’t get too stressed juggling many balls and tight deadlines. You see these as daily challenges you embrace. You’re not afraid of technology, learning new things or new ways of doing business.
You are proactive in anticipating and resolving questions and challenges, and an excellent communicator. You are a lifelong student and are continually learning new skills and knowledge.
You are a team player and enjoy collaborating with and helping others whenever or wherever needed. You take ownership, initiative, and pride in your work.
You enjoy and are motivated to support the continuous training and development of team members around you. You will be most successful in this position if you enjoy sharing knowledge with others and participating in and leading training sessions to help your colleagues grow and develop in their technical and professional knowledge.
You will work closely with the Head of Onboarding and the Onboarding Managers to ensure accuracy and completeness of work, adherence to deadlines, and great client experience.
This position requires critical collaboration across the Onboarding Team and other Kruze departments. You must be able to adhere to deadlines, motivate team members, listen to team members’ feedback, and resolve issues or conflicts. This includes the ability to troubleshoot within and across departments, manage relationships, and create foundational systems in very fast-paced environments This role will be ever-changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded.
Key responsibilities include:
Quality Control (~45% of your time)
– Ensure quality control and completion for all Client financial and tax deliverables during the Onboarding process, and a White Glove experience for all Clients.
– Perform final senior-level reviews and quality checks of Onboarding financial statement deliverables on Premium clients, and quality checks on all others (Founder Timesaver / Basic).
– Assist with Client transitions to the Account Services and Tax Teams. Ensure all project objectives and appropriate documentation has been completed, team members are notified, systems are updated.
– Assist with reviewing client issues, Kruze Onboarding Client Issues, Risks & Wins.
Team Management, Development, Training, and Mentoring (~35% of your time)
– Coordinate and spearhead team training and development initiatives for the Onboarding Team
– Participate in the recruitment and hiring process supporting the Onboarding team and its operations.
– Ensure efficient project management, compliance and communicate updates and status across the team.
– Communicate and collaborate with the Onboarding and Sales operations management team on onboarding personnel availability and utilization.
– Mentor and manage Onboarding Managers and staff and participate in leading development and training initiatives. Coordinate with Head of Training to identify critical learning opportunities.
– Deliver annual performance reviews for direct reports. Recommend top performers for advancement and assist in setting individual and team performance goals.
– Recommend, update, and monitor team onboarding management workload, issues, and equitable distribution for work-life balance for the account management team.
Process Improvement (~15% of your time)
– Collaborate with the management and Accounting Services teams to identify processes for optimization, improvement, and automation opportunities.
– Work with the Head of Sales and Onboarding, and MCP Training/QA Teams to identify/test best-in-class systems to support Clients in Onboarding, ongoing service delivery, and for the benefit of Kruze client service delivery operational improvements.
Onboarding Department Ops and Planning (~5% of your time)
– Assist with reviewing timecards and utilization metrics. Following up with Onboarding managers and team members.
– Participate in developing and setting annual, quarterly, monthly team goals in a cohesive roadmap for execution.
It’s essential you have the desire, skills, and knowledge of (It’s okay if you don’t know everything but you must have the desire and drive to learn):
Skills & Prerequisites
– 10-15+ years of related experience
– CPA or CMA preferred
– Strong communication skills (oral and written) are a must
– Proven work experience supporting and managing large teams. The candidate should be a “people person” who is actively engaged in supporting and managing staff.
– Proven work experience in working and leading remote teams
– Strong working knowledge of leading accounting general ledger and supporting software tools.
– Excellent communication and leadership skills
– Excellent organizational and time-management skills
– Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, principles, and practices.
You must be able to work with multiple departments, team members, and clients on a daily basis to ensure timely completion and compliance are achieved. The ability to work and lead teams, troubleshoot, manage relationships, and create foundational trust and systems in very fast-paced environments is critical. This role is constantly changing; you must be flexible and open-minded.
Just a reminder…. This is a remote position. You must have the discipline, maturity, and emotional intelligence to work remotely in this environment. While it seems cool, it’s not for everyone.
This is a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. In this role, you must enjoy and thrive in this type of environment.