Retail Zipline (51-200 Employees, 163% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Zipline is 100% remote and accepts applicants from Canada, US & internationally.
Hi. We’re Zipline. We’re helping put technology into the hands of those that need it most – – retail workers. If you have worked in a store, you know the drill. You’re helping customers, ringing up orders, and trying to do the 30 tasks that HQ wants you to do. Some pertain to you. Some don’t. But that’s for you to figure out… all while putting out fires and keeping shelves tidy.
That’s where we come in! We turn the grind of retail communications into an engaging, effective, aha solution. The Zipline platform ensures that the right people get the right information in the right way. Everyone is on the same page, tasks are tracked and life feels less like a perpetual game of hair-on-fire.
Our perfect Director of Alliances comes from either a B2B SaaS company that serves the retail sector. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales and CEO. Ideal candidates are a highly motivated individual who wants to lead all aspects and drive growth with strategic alliance partners!
- In partnership with senior leaders, build a partnership/alliance strategy for the company, communicate the said plan, and begin executing on it
- Identify key decision-makers at your target list of partners: build trust across their product and executive teams and leverage strategic selling skills to influence and close unique commercial terms
- Identify, negotiate, and close new partnerships and alliances that: drive revenue growth through co-sell, resell or other commercial models, support key product initiatives, enable field organizations to be successful, and demonstrate innovation and industry leadership
- Work closely with partners to develop a
- Drive partners to build a partner-sourced pipeline, nominate partners to receive inbound/outbound leads, and ensure overall pipeline tracking accuracy and health.
- Build go-to-market plans with partners and deliver the necessary training and enablement to key stakeholders to optimize partnership outcomes.
- Drive executive connections with regional sales leadership and partner leadership, including partner value propositions into Partner Sales Manager (PSM) teams.
- Lead and perform deal-related analysis, including financial modeling and due diligence review
- Work closely with the executive management team to assist in the development of presentation materials for quarterly meetings with the Zipline Board of Directors
- Leverage the internal teams on partnership and acquisition strategies
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across Zipline’s product, engineering, marketing, sales, finance, and communications teams to ensure close alignment on deals prior, during, and after deal launch.
- Over time, be responsible to grow and enable a team of individual contributors that identity, cultivate, and grow strategic partners
- 8+ years in a senior alliance role with proven results of building and nurturing successful alliances
- SaaS/Enterprize expertise’s top priority focuses on in-depth program management, partner development, enablement, and success.
- Prior experience at SaaS providers in the mid to large HR tech and/or Retail ISVs.
- Experience working in a high-performance partner or channel manager position.
- Experience presenting to senior-level audiences and comfort working in and through a cross-functional organization.
- Industry knowledge of System Integrators (SIs)/Service Providers (SPs), and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs); extended knowledge of, and experience with, the Cloud ecosystem.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Mac Book Pro/Air, Gmail & G-Suite Products, Microsoft Office, Basecamp, Slack
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written, present to, influence, or befriend all levels within an organization.
- Retail experience is an asset, but not required
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated.
What's In It for You:
- Stock Options
- Paid Flexible and Sick Time Off (including time off to care for family members)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Group Health Insurance (Medical, Vision, and Dental) with a variety of PPO & HMO plans and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 100% Paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Remote Work: Join a flexible, effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable- literally anywhere! We’ve had Zipliners join us from vans, RVs, sailboats, and AirBnBs around the globe.
- Computer accessories and office setup: There’s a science to being effective at home and we help you get there with the right equipment and accessories that you need.
- Company off-sites: Every year we come together (IRL!). Past retreats were held in Santa Cruz, New York, Mexico City, and Costa Rica.
- Education stipends: We believe in perpetual learning! If there’s a class that you want to take or a book that will help you expand your horizons, we’ll support it!
- Wellness allowance: To encourage breaks and a change of scenery, we provide a small stipend each month to get you out of the house and relax at your favorite coffee spot.
We value diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Got More Time here’s more about Zipline!
How do we work? Remotely. We have been 100% remote since the company was founded and we have it down to a science – – a people science. We huddle as a team weekly and as a company 3 times a week. On Fridays, we come together to learn from each other. One week it might be about opossum rescue. Another week it might be an update on our product roadmap or the results of our customer satisfaction survey. We are all masters of Zoom and love the freedom of working from home – – or vans – – or sailboats.
We’re passionate about helping retailer workers love their jobs because we know how much better life is when you love your work. This year, Retail Zipline became a Great Place to Work-Certified. 97 percent of our employees say Zipline is a great place to work, compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company. What’s even more impressive is that 100% of employees say, “I can be myself around here”, “I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position” and “People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.” 100 percent!
The word is getting out. We are featured regularly in the press, mostly because of the results we get from our customers. Here’s a look at just some of the articles published recently. We also picked up some awards in 2020. CBInsights ranked us one of the 100 most promising B2B retail tech companies in the world. And, our CEO was a TechTrailblazer finalist. (Check out her articles on Forbes to see her passion for retail and solving its biggest challenges.)
We have made incredible progress but changing the industry is hard. We are well funded by leading venture capital firms like Emergence Capital and ready to scale. We need your help to improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees. Cumbersome, slow, and inefficient systems should not be the status quo. Help us retool retail.