Giant Machines (51-200 Employees, 112% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Giant Machines is a technology firm that helps our clients bring the right digital products to market through product validation, strategy, design, and development. We are a 90+ person team with a track record of building software that drives thousands of businesses, powers financial marketplaces with billions of dollars of daily transaction volume, and is deployed by thousands of people in the field.
2021 was a banner year for Giant Machines. We experienced triple digit growth, built up our innovation practice, and acquired a technology learning and development company to expand our own professional growth goals and client offerings, all with record low attrition and a track record of deep employee and client success and satisfaction.
- Diversity-forward company
- #2 Best Place to Work in NYC by Crain’s New York Business
- Built in NYC 2021 Best Places to Work New York City
- Certified Asian American Business
- Proud Member of Pledge 1%
- Remote flexibility with office space for collaboration and team events
- Monthly Lunch & Learns
- Company-wide volunteer opportunities
- Solid work-life balance
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Giant Machines is investing over $1m to build our sales practice.
As the Director of Business Development, you will head our business development team, work daily with our CEO and other executives, refine our positioning, revamp our pricing strategy, and set us up to successfully sell our end-to-end vision of innovation, delivery, and upskilling for our clients.
The Director of Business Development will:
- Assess existing Giant Machines business development practices and formulate a roadmap
- Drive the agenda, strategy, and day to day management of the sales team
- Grow the sales and marketing team, including recruiting and managing strategic hires
- Increase our pipeline of prospective clients by introducing a sustainable outbound lead approach
- Work with the delivery team in all aspects of the sales cycle from discovery to proposal
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
After 12 months, you will know you are successful when you have:
- Recruited and are managing a team that can actively source new opportunities to replace 20% of current revenue
- Brought in $3m+ of revenue from net new clients in year one
- Built a Giant Machines marketing team and/or are managing an outside marketing partner
- Demonstrated enough growth, success, and leadership that there is a path toward you becoming the CRO
- Track record of successfully co-creating business strategy with organizational leaders
- Expert in running business development efforts for professional services organizations
- Deep experience in hiring, mentoring, and growing a small business development team
- Proficient in positioning innovation methodologies to create outsize impact for clients
- Ability to coordinate and oversee marketing and brand development efforts
- Experience working closely with delivery teams in the discovery and pitching of potential clients
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
- Medical benefits at no cost to you for single coverage (cost associated with insuring partner and/or dependents)
- Robust well-being offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy and more
- 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- $3k yearly education budget plus 5 conference/education PTO days
- $1k stipend to purchase items for your work-from-home space
Candidates must be local to the tristate area and able to attend in-person client meetings.
Recruitment Agencies: Giant Machines does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.