Ethos (201-500 Employees, 224% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
We are looking for a Director of Business Operations & Business Development to take lead on high priority projects and drive them from analysis to execution. This role will put you in the middle of the action and require you to solve the most complex, interesting challenges of a rapidly-scaling startup. You will work cross-functionally to drive and enable the growth of the business, and have high visibility across the rest of the executive team.
This is a great role for someone who is interested in gaining experience in blitz-scaling a top startup and who has the leadership qualities to build and manage a vital, growing team within the company. If you enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, analytically rigorous, mission-driven and impact-oriented, read on and get in touch!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help identify and implement new opportunities to grow Ethos
- Define the partnership strategy and drive execution: identity, prospect, negotiate and execute strategic partnerships
- Conduct discovery of partner needs to prioritize them and define optimal solutions
- Develop a partnership management playbook to help our partners make the most out of the integrated life insurance opportunity
- Leverage senior relationships inside and outside of Ethos at many levels to initiate to develop initiatives to ensure product readiness and drive improved experiences/outcomes with partners
- Set, track, and analyze partner performance metrics to find opportunities to improve the business
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to drive decision making related to unit economics, customer acquisition, operations, core business expansion, and new opportunities
- Improve the speed and efficiency of our growth by collaborating with Product, Marketing, Operations, and Partnership teams
- Become an expert in data and champion analytics across the company
- Drive strategic analyses and special projects forward
- Oversee business performance reporting and scale best practices across the organization
- Optimize GTM strategy including core processes and productivity drivers, infrastructure and automation
- Cross functionally program and project manage key initiatives (e.g., planning process, integrate businesses post close); ability to supervise and run sophisticated processes, and a demonstrated ability to lead complex projects and inspire teams
- Exceptional qualitative and quantitative analytic capabilities – ability to roll up sleeves and act as player / coach, toggling between C-suite and ground level questions
- Well-rounded background in product, go to market, and finance
- Strong strategic mindset, including deep fluency in organic and inorganic growth strategy
Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in business development and partnerships/sales operations, strategy, investing, investment banking, consulting, or other analytically-intensive roles at either well-established firms or high-growth tech startups
- Ability to flex between high-level strategic thinking and deep-dive analytical problem solving
- Agile self-starter with desire to own and be accountable for projects
- Excellent communication skills and effective cross-functional collaborator
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and flexible work environments
- Preference for stellar academic record from top university
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.