Plex (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Plex is searching for a motivated Community Development Leader. Their focus will be on driving engagement with a passionate community, developing influencer outreach programs, and leading events and programs that further establish Plex as the premier home for all media lovers. As the ‘voice of the community’ you will define how we interact with all of the members of the Plex community, however they interact with us – from deeper technical conversations to media fans discussing the latest movies and tv-shows. You will be a visible thought leader focusing on a understanding and representing the wants and needs of a growing community of media lovers, with a deep understanding of the media industry.
What you’ll do
- Work with Product and Marketing teams to establish the tone, voice, and culture of the Plex community in our forums and throughout the product.
- Be the community champion, serving as ambassador to the community, whether online or at physical events, and evangelize about what the community can do to help our users, partners, and the media business.
- Design and execute marketing campaigns to drive growth and membership in partnership with the Growth & Brand marketing teams.
- Solicit and moderate community-driven content and conversations, as well as help surface great user-driven communications across the wider community.
- Identify community leaders and thought-leaders and promote their visibility and contribution to the community.
- Establish a framework for getting feedback from the community, using these insights to improve Plex products and the community.
- Own and respond to community KPIs.
- Track and analyze community growth metrics to ensure engagement, retention, and satisfaction.
- Actively listen to customers, address concerns, demonstrate an authentic social presence, and maintain productive partnerships with users and community members.
What you bring to the table
- 8+ years of Community Development, Customer Success, or Product Marketing experience.
- Empathy and charisma to make meaningful connections within the community.
- A great ear – able to listen and discern between stated needs and latent needs.
- Insatiable curiosity about what motivates people and how they interact with others.
- A thick skin and the ability to interact with difficult people in the community with grace and humility.
- You have proven experience building an active community of users from the ground up.
- You have managed senior leaders and individual contributors, building high-quality productive teams.
- You are detail-oriented and focus on delivering seamless, high quality strategic plans, the tactics to deliver, and how to measure success.
- You are kind, humble, helpful, and enjoy getting stuff done.
- You are intrinsically motivated, able to manage your time, and enjoy working with a distributed team across the globe.
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall.
- You are hungry to have an impact, continuously working to improve our product, process, and push the team to be its best.
Who we are
Plex is a global streaming media platform that gives millions of customers around the world the freedom to enjoy all the content they love in one simple, beautiful app. Our vision is to empower real human connections by bringing people and entertainment together. So, we’re on a mission to create a global community for streaming content that people can depend on to easily discover, experience, and share all of the entertainment that matters to them.
What sets us apart
- We are the largest independent streaming platform built by a global team of employees who are fanatically passionate about delivering the highest quality, most unified, and user-friendliest entertainment experience possible.
- We have always been a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in nearly 20 different countries and 11 time zones.
- We host epic in-person off-sites to bring team members together a few times a year.
- We are passionate about our mission and we work hard, while still providing flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We are committed to improving the communities where we live and work with charitable contributions, partnerships, and service.
- Plex hires new team members in countries around the world.
- As such, Plex does not sponsor employment visas.
- All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our hiring team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
- Also, please note, though we largely work asynchronously, as it relates to meetings, those generally occur between UTC 1600 to UTC 1900
The Plex Values
- Be kind, humble, and helpful.
- Approach problems with curiosity, creativity, and flexibility.
- Put yourself on the customer’s couch.
- Be a good steward. Like a boss!
- Build relationships to ensure healthy debate.
- Foster a global and diverse team spirit.
- Show gratitude and give back.
- Seek balance for yourself and Plex.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Hardware stipend
- Flextime, work from anywhere
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical/dental/vision) (US employees)
- Stock options
- 401k (US employees)
- Plex for the Planet community service opportunities
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
- At Plex, we get our people together at least twice a year to help forge connections and build deeper relationships all while having an awesome time. As such, Plex has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, subject to legally required disability or religious accommodations, for all in-person events. Please note, these events are optional.
Does this sound interesting? We’re looking for a Director of Community Development who is ready to join us to have a material impact in Plex’s growth and success!
Plex is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.