Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better and more accessible for everyone. Our team is building a revolutionary platform for financial advisors and their clients to remove the friction from investing and reduce the barrier to entry into wealth creation and management. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people, better.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re up to. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
As the founding member of the analytics team, your primary goal is to establish and report on key operating metrics to guide data driven decision making. You will help solve cross-functional data process and analytics problems, fundamentally increasing the company’s capabilities to analyze and utilize data. You will help build out a comprehensive analytics solution, and build an analytics team from the ground up.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and define the vision and strategy of the data analytics team.
- Collaborate with product, marketing, sales, operations and engineering teams to create a roadmap supporting business needs in alignment with our OKR’s.
- Partner closely with leadership and business stakeholders to define key metrics.
- Design and implement analytics solutions.
- Audit, review, and help guide the development of our reporting suite to meet stakeholder needs in an effective and efficient manner.
- Build a team of data analysts to define, prioritize and deliver metrics across the business.
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of analytics experience, leveraging SQL, Tableau/Looker, and other analytics tools.
- Degree in business, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or other quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience developing ETL workflows with SQL using a modern data warehouse.
- Experience leading large technical projects with engineer partners.
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on manager of an analytics team.
- Strong ability to communicate complicated and nuanced insights in accessible language to relevant stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to develop plans that address pressing business questions.
What you’ll get:
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for disruption. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the leading edge of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a young (fast-growing) company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we build our products.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s encouraged to continually grow and develop their expertise. We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Brilliance at Altruist means constantly striving to better your craft with a hunger for constant learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.
Think you’ll be a good fit? Apply with a link to your portfolio. We look forward to meeting you.