MavTek is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to hiring and nurturing a diverse workforce.
We’re looking for the Director of Data Intelligence of Our Dreams. It might be you.
As a Director of Data Intelligence, you’ll be part of the Data Intelligence Division, and your responsibility will be redefining all data related projects from infrastructure to analysis.
Sure, MavTek looks good on paper. But we’re so much more
Since entering Montreal’s tech scene 7 years ago, MavTek continues to grow rapidly while the team forges ahead on a path of inventing change and creating real impact for our customers. We’re looking for a Director of Data Intelligence who is innovative, eager to own their success and energized by the opportunity to pursue a career that’s as challenging as it is rewarding.
At MavTek, we empower you to raise your voice, make a real impact not just within our fast growing company, but in everyday lives of tens of thousands of our customers.
Make your friends jealous with:
– 4 Day Work Week
– Competitive salary & vacation packages
– Access to 24/7 on demand online healthcare service
– Generous referral program
– Extensive summer hours & flex time
– Year-round events, from massive to casual and everything in between
– Beautiful office right near Namur metro
– Home office subsidy
– Remote work option
– Learning Assistance program
– Working alongside super talented and friendly people that like to drive innovation
What your day to day life at MavTek looks like:
– Build and lead high performing teams of experts in their fields (Machine learning, Data engineering & business intelligence);
– Develop the vision and map out the strategy to provide proactive and cutting-edge solutions to enable stakeholders to extract insights and value from data;
– Participate in strategic data initiatives and provide guidance for the short-term and long-term goals of the team;
– Understand and manage the data needs of different stakeholders across multiple business verticals including Finance, Marketing, Product, etc;
– Understand end to end data management interactions and dependencies across complex data pipelines and data transformation and how they impact business decisions;
– Translate from technical to business, and vice versa;
– Ensure data quality, security, privacy and compliance assurance across all assets and solutions;
– Develop and continually refine data engineering best practices, guidelines, procedures, and repeatable and scalable frameworks;
– Direct the design and construction of large and complex data sets from large amounts of structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to enable analytical solutions;
– Partner with the Engineering leadership team to define, establish and support best practices and effective delivery processes.
Enough about us, we want to know more about you
– Proven ability to enrich data, advise on appropriate course(s) of action to take based on results, succinctly present visualizations of high dimensional data, and explain & justify the results of the analysis conducted;
– Demonstrated experience with analytics platform, Enterprise Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, Master Data Management;
– Experience developing products that utilize advanced machine learning techniques like deep learning in areas such as recommendation systems; along with transitioning those solutions from the development environment into the production environment for full-time use;
– Experience leveraging AWS and SaaS/PaaS technologies such as Snowflake, Kinesis, Tableau, Databricks, and Fivetran;
– Experience architecting data flows from web services and developing APIs for internal and external consumers;
– Experience developing a team and product in a hyper-growth environment.
You’ll be Joining other MavTek Matches:
We’re DJ’s, video game heroes, photographers, movie buffs, musicians, grill masters and everything in between. We’re fiercely proud of our teammates, our work, and the impact we’re making to help tens of thousands of entrepreneurs who rely on our e-commerce platform to monetize their content. If you’re inspired to do the best work of your life, then join the team.