Invisible Hands Deliver (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Invisible Hands helps alleviate food insecurity by providing free delivery of food, medicine, and other essentials to the elderly, disabled, immunocompromised, and otherwise homebound. Our volunteers provide individual grocery deliveries and bulk food pantry deliveries, all for free. In addition to serving recipients who can pay for their food, we partner with food pantries throughout New York City to help serve those who can’t access food. Our work has been featured on MSNBC, Fox + Friends, NPR, Good Morning America, NY1, 1010 WINS and in the Associated Press, The New Yorker, The Washington Post and The New York Post.
The Director of Delivery will join the Invisible Hands leadership team. This dynamic position will lead a team of committed volunteers, as well as a part-time Associate Director, in coordinating all deliveries on behalf of Invisible Hands recipients. This work is almost entirely online, with remote staff and volunteers, so this role requires learning new software, websites, and apps. In the coming months, you may be asked (infrequently) to come into an office.
This role is built for individuals who are highly organized, detail-oriented, and passionate about coordinating volunteers to help them serve Invisible Hands recipients. The Director of Delivery will work closely with the Call Center Director, who leads a team that takes calls and requests from our recipients and passes them on to the Delivery team, to be fulfilled by our volunteers.
– Lead team of remote volunteers in coordinating deliveries, including posting delivery requests on our platforms, assigning requests to volunteers who claim them, and managing requests to ensure volunteers make successful deliveries
– Maintain database of all Invisible Hands volunteers and recipients
– Train new remote (online) volunteers and delivery volunteers
– Continually assess and improve Delivery process, including our software
– Maintain statistics of deliveries on a monthly basis, including delivery quantities, locations, and types, across all areas we serve
– New York City area residency is required
– Ability to work with multiple staff and volunteers on a daily basis
– Ability to learn and use various online platforms and systems
– Ability to use Google Suite including Gmail, Docs, Forms, and Sheets
– Ability to thrive in a dynamic, regularly-changing work environment
– Strong organization, planning, and team management skills
– A passionate, positive, and people-oriented work style