Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Marketing at Brex
The Marketing team tells the Brex story, determines messaging and positioning, and translates our reimagined products and features into tangible customer benefits. Our marketers—across Brand, PMM, Content, and Performance—are responsible for acquiring new customers and improving customer retention and satisfaction, and have a deep understanding of the business. We’re a highly cross-functional team and partner most closely with the CX, Product, Sales, BD, and Design teams to help our prospects and customers grasp how we can help them reach their full potential.
What you’ll do
We are hiring a Director of Demand Generation to help us grow our customers. You will be responsible for the strategy and execution of high-impact marketing programs that are optimized to deliver results across the marketing and sales funnel while hitting target metrics, including leads, pipeline, and high ROI across multiple channels. This position requires a unique blend of marketing operations, creative integrated marketing plus strong experience with high-velocity inbound and outbound lead generation and a love of data and analytics. You’re a modern marketing strategist who has a demonstrated track record of growing SaaS businesses through successful lead generation.
In this role, you must be able to take complex product workflows and accurately define them in easy-to-understand ways to end users—helping to educate customers about Brex, boost product usage, increase customer satisfaction, and drive growth.
- Own the overarching demand generation strategy, with emphasis on creative, quarterly strategies
- Determine the most appropriate mix of demand generation marketing programs to target existing and new prospects in the Mid-Market segment to drive revenue (i.e. content syndication, webinars, events, SEM, direct mail, display, web, and email); test, launch, and operationalize
- Develop pipeline forecast and measure the impact of demand creation activities on sales pipeline, revenue, and sales cycle length
- Mid-Market ‘lead scoring,’ to provide guidance on how we should tackle different leads and partner with the sales and data science team working on the actual model to inform the strategy
- Work with Operations to evaluate, recommend, and implement new technologies to improve process and optimize performance
- Partner cross-functionally with Sales leadership and Business Operations to ensure agreement on priorities and SLAs, adjusting as required by changing market conditions and emerging opportunities
- Work collaboratively across the Marketing organization to align to and surround market demand with events and programs, including PR, content, social, and product marketing
- 10+ years of experience in a fast-paced, demand generation environment, ideally in FinTech and/or SaaS product targeting SMB / commercial level customers
- Bachelor’s degree; BA or BS
- Data-driven leader who has developed shared measurement and tracking of demand generation programs for Marketing and Sales
- Experience buildinginnovative programs that engage prospects and maximize lead generation through optimization of marketing resources
- Talented communicator who conveys complex ideas and data in written, presentation, and verbal formats to a variety of audiences, and provide recommendations for pipeline growth to executive leadership
- Team player with excellent cross-functional leadership skills; your strong bias towards action helps energize and engage teams to go from concept to execution quickly and effectively
- Ability to leverage technology including marketing automation, web content management, web analytics, and business intelligence
- Portfolio of your writing work (please provide a link)
- Previous startup or product marketing experience, ideally in financial services
- Experience writing not only for customers but also for relevant third parties such as auditors and investors
- Ambitious self-starter with exceptional organizational and communication skills who can drive projects from strategy to execution and follow-up
- Experience with Marketo, Salesforce, and related technologies