Taulia (201-500 Employees, 47% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Taulia’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
It is our duty to create and advance a diverse and inclusive company where all Taulians feel they are celebrated. All individuals are welcomed, free to express themselves and rewarded for showing up as authentically every day. By hiring women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, people of all sexual orientations and from underrepresented and marginalized communities, Taulia will revolutionize fintech.
About the Job:
The Opportunity: At Taulia, our mission is resonating, and we are continuing to lead the market in delivering Working Capital solutions for our clients. In order to deliver on this demand and continue to delight our customers, we must continually improve and grow our technology operations. As Director of Technology Operations, you have the chance to lead a team of technologists to ensure that our platform is reliable, responsive, and secure for our customers at all times. You’ll own the daily operations of the platform, while leading your team and working across the Engineering Department to improve the platform and process.
This opportunity is involved in some of the most innovative and challenging parts of Taulia. You’ll be leading solutions for some of our toughest problems, from building the infrastructure that stores and searches over 100M invoices, to scaling a 24×7 operational team and technology that executes payments for the largest companies in the world. All while ensuring our team and technology meet the highest levels of financial security. It is an exciting time to join.
In addition, you’ll work with your team to build the tools necessary to support rapid change, pushing to accomplish more from Engineering. You’ll treat the Engineering team as a key customer, making sure that they have the tools and information to be productive and move quickly.
The Role: The role is unique. So is the right candidate. We are looking for a great manager and leader who enjoys the challenge of scaling teams that deliver cutting edge products and services to our growing list of global clients. While balancing business needs and operational excellence, you’ll lead the teams to the scalable and elegant technical solution via a practical plan and joint consensus. You’ll create successful strong cross-departmental partnerships with the Engineering and Product teams. This position reports directly to the CTO and is an integral member of our engineering management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Having great interpersonal skills and being a tenacious leader is a must. We have ambitious plans, and we can only accomplish them as a team, having a leader who can be a multiplier to a team is essential.
Primary job responsibilities for this leader will be:
- Lead the Dev-Ops, Application Support, and Network Operations teams, working with the teams to define roadmaps, create quarterly goals, design technical solutions, create project implementation plans, adjust priorities, deliver enhancements, and operate production.
- Responsible for the integrity of the work created by the teams. Strong leadership qualities are critical to leading and mentoring the team in the pursuit of delivering our products, scaling our teams and processes.
- Build solutions and processes for scale. Working with teams to ensure documentation and cross training occurs to enable the team to scale solutions globally and horizontally.
- Be a strong partner of our Security team. Ensure industry best practices are followed across the team at every level of detail, and foster a culture that is focussed on continuous improvement in security.
- Have a strong technical vision and work with your teams to put a plan in place to get there. Work with others to develop a plan that combines the goals of the business, product strategies, and technical strengths and weaknesses, to create a vision of where we’re going.
- Identify and infuse organizational metrics in a positive way, to help the teams continuously improve their levels of performance.
- Provide clear direction and constructive feedback, consistently striving for a high quality work product through others.
- Be a Technology Leader across Engineering. Bring a strong technical background to the table, to work with other Engineering Managers to build practical and scalable solutions. Be a partner to all R&D leaders.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- 6+ years of engineering management (2+ at Director Level) and leadership in a Web/SaaS environment with a minimum of 15 indirect reports.
- Technically proficient across the application layers, from Data Storage solutions to Networking, you have experience across the stack, and experience jumping in to lead resolutions to complex problems across all layers.
- Experience operating a SaaS product at scale utilizing AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience in a highly secure SaaS environment, leading or contributing to technical security programs, ideally in the financial sector.
- Direct experience successfully recruiting, organizing, managing, motivating, and scaling a technical operations team that operates in multiple locations – able to hold others to the same high standards you hold yourself.
- You are comfortable in a fast paced technology start-up. You are attuned to taking a complex system with many customers and creating a clear and organized vision from it.
- You are known for delivering practical and achievable solutions. Taking a difficult problem and breaking it down to tactical steps that balance the short term business need with the long term goals.
- Experience in short release cycles; proficient in an agile/scrum operating environment.
- You manage large teams, but also find time to write code and directly contribute whenever you can, not because you have to, but because you want to.
- Excellent analytical and research capabilities as well as superb verbal and written skills.
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote-friendly environment
- Competitive Compensation (Annual Base Salary, Annual Bonus, Equity)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Comprehensive PTO Structure (PTO, Sick Leave, Bereavement)
- Global Parental Leave
- Company issued equipment (Laptop, monitor, etc.)
- 401k with match
- Career Development/Pathing
- EAP Program/Mental Health Advocacy
- Supportive Work Culture
Taulia is a fintech provider of working capital management solutions headquartered in San Francisco, California. Taulia helps companies access value tied up in their payables, receivables and inventory. A network of more than 2 million businesses use Taulia’s platform to determine when they want to pay and be paid. Taulia processes more than $500 billion each year and is trusted by the world’s largest companies including Airbus, AstraZeneca, Nissan and Vodafone. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer –Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.