The HubSpot FinTech Product group is one of the secret keys to HubSpot’s fast growth. Over 40 engineers are focused on the experience of buying, quoting, renewing, and managing HubSpot’s suite of product subscriptions. The team owns the entire quote to cash lifecycle, processing over $1B ARR for 100,000+ customers, while doubling down on making it easy to bundle, buy, and manage HubSpot’s entire suite of products in a compliant, secure, delightful way.
As HubSpot continues to expand globally, we are looking for an engineering leader to evolve our FinTech systems to support an increasingly complex financial landscape from new payment types, to new markets, to new pricing models, and more. We are looking for a leader who will grow our teams and our systems for agility and flexibility with the technical skills and product foresight to chart a long term vision for the group to tackle HubSpot’s next level of scale.
At HubSpot we believe “How you sell is how you win” and are investing in leadership to help us sell and grow HubSpot with HEART. The Director of Engineering for FinTech will be a key member of our Product leadership team and will partner closely with Finance, Product, UX, and Go to Market leadership to accelerate HubSpot’s growth.
At HubSpot, engineering leaders play to their strengths, but are aligned with HubSpot’s mission and show the leadership qualities that we’ve found to be most effective:
- They build trust, respect, and empathy, and use that as a base to deliver radical candor.
- They foster an inclusive team and sense of mission.
- They have strong working relationships across the organization, from the tech leads and the individual contributors who report to them, to the product managers and designers their reports work with, to their peers & the executive team.
- They understand our customer and business needs.
- They understand how we build and why.
- They represent our mission, culture, and commitment to DI&B to candidates.
- They get team members and candidates excited to take on new challenges.
As an engineering leader at HubSpot, you’ll do many things — many of which you likely already have experience executing. They are:
- Leading teams building financial software using technologies like Java, React, MySQL, Kafka in a cloud computing multi-region infrastructure
- Working with third party services in the billing ecosystem such as Zuora, Adyen, Avalara, Stripe, Netsuite
- Collaborating with other engineering leaders on all matters that impact the Engineering team, including resourcing and building technical/product vision.
- Driving the team to build software that’s useful, usable, delightful, and solves real customer pain.
- Coaching and mentoring engineering teams, including code reviews, higher-level software design, and direct management.
- Growing remarkable engineering teams hands-on and with recruiting
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.