Socure (501+ Employees, 203% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Are:
Socure is redefining identity verification with groundbreaking technology, supporting myriad organizations with the most accurate authentication tools in the industry.
What we build helps businesses scale faster, stop fraud, and ultimately allows millions of people who are excluded from the digital economy (due to outdated fraud detection models) to take part in it like everyone else.
Our culture is about innovation, winning, and customer obsession. We are full of top performers that prioritize excellence and results, as well as support for one another, on the path to achieving our mission: to verify 100% of good identities in real time and completely eliminate identity fraud for every applicant on the internet.
To learn more about working at Socure visit our career page here: https://www.socure.com/company/careers
What the role is:
As a member of the People Solutions & Services team, the Director of Global Payroll & Tax Operations will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely completion of all payrolls along with overseeing federal, state and local tax compliance, in addition to quarterly and annual tax filings. The Director of Global Payroll & Tax Operations will provide day-to-day direction to the Payroll & Time Specialist, managing the PEO Canada and PEO India vendor relationship, along with partnering / collaborating with the P&E Solutions & Services team, Employee Relations, and the Finance/Accounting teams. The member will be responsible for leading, organizing, and overseeing any updates, changes, or onboarding needs of the company’s payroll system along with having proper internal / external controls, SOPs, audits documented for payroll processing and tax filing needs.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the payroll processing and tax functions for US, Canada, and India.
- Organize and direct activities related to payroll tax processing and correction, internal / external audit and financial reconciliation.
- Perform payroll accounting activities to ensure a balance between Payroll and Finance/Accounting departments.
- Responsible for all quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Responsible for ACA filings of 1095s for employees and employer.
- Administer annual W2 and 1095 processes and submissions timely.
- Reconcile payroll reports to 941s and W-2s.
- Coordinate and resolve all agency notices from IRS and state agencies.
- Setup new jurisdictions and state withholdings.
- Communication with local and state agencies to apply for tax IDs and to close old accounts as necessary.
- Develop and maintain payroll tax process maps and document payroll processes and implement controls and the appropriate checks and balances by partnering with Finance/Accounting.
- Communicate with Finance/Accounting regarding expected cash flow as it relates to payroll taxes.
- Ensure adherence to internal controls to maintain compliance with tax regulations.
- Implement Payroll Tax Metrics.
- Coordinate leaves of absence and process claims or requests (STD, LTD, State Statutory, Company Family Leave, medical operations, worker’s compensation etc.) with LOA vendor and internal LOA personnel.
- Assist in designing, managing, directing, and planning of group benefits programs such as health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, workers comp, travel and accident, 401(k), and other plans.
- SME for implementation of future HCM/payroll tech stack.
- Partner with P&E lead around a shared service delivery model.
- Own and lead the transition work off the PEO model to the internal payroll team.
- Partner with Finance/Accounting on GL and Cost Center setups.
- Manage vendor relationships and day-to-day operations with our multiple providers for US, Canada and India.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the manager.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 or more years of related experience in payroll operations, payroll and tax processing with emphasis on Workday/ADP or related systems, including at least 8 years in a multi-state payroll environment.
- In depth knowledge of US federal, state, and payroll laws and IRS regulations pertaining to payroll compliance.
- Minimum of 8 or more years of related experience in global payroll and compliance.
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills to ensure accurate and timely reporting of payroll.
- Solid, measurable understanding of payroll, payroll best practices, and payroll tax laws.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion and professionalism with sensitive information.
- Ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is preferred.
- Preferred – Experience in Workday HCM /Benefits / Payroll
- Preferred – Experience with Employer of Record (EOR) Vendors for International footprint
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Equity – every employee is a stakeholder in our enormous upside
- A tech-first company culture driven by entrepreneurial thinking and talent
- A great team working in unison towards the same mission
- Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure’s number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.