Motive (501+ Employees, 139% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
Sales Strategy & Operations at Motive drives the strategy, execution, and scale of our revenue growth. Our work is cross-functional and touches nearly every part of our business – from what we sell, to whom, and how.
We are looking for a Director of Intelligence who will play a central role in defining, measuring, and creating the data infrastructure for scalable reporting. You will partner with senior stakeholders and fellow data teams to shape the data architecture for our business and help inform critical business decisions across sales, customer success, support, and marketing. Your ability to think strategically, adapt quickly, and get things done will earn credibility with all levels of the organization.
This role will report to the VP of Sales Strategy & Operations.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define/align company metrics and ensure data maintenance and quality.
- Own data modeling for GTM operations, creating clean schemas, data tables, aggregated analytics, and clear documentation.
- Partner with upstream data providers and downstream collaborators to ensure our executives and sales teams have access to accurate data and timely insights.
- Foster a data-driven culture across all GTM teams.
What We're Looking For:
- You have 8+ years work experience in data or analytics roles at a fast growing startup.
- Intellectually curious, has an ownership mentality, and the appetite to innovate.
- Expert in SQL and proficient with Tableau and other BI tools.
- Strong communicator who is capable of articulating technical concepts to senior leaders.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.