Woven Planet (501+ Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Woven Planet, a Toyota subsidiary, is building the safest mobility in the world to transform how we live, work, and move. For nearly a century Toyota has delivered products and services that improve lives. We are continuing that legacy by focusing on automated driving, smart cities, and robotics with safety, reliability, and connection in mind. Together we will weave Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship to realize the dream for a better life for all people.
To build towards this future we need maps, but not just any maps. We need high-definition maps at a global scale that stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world. The Automated Mapping Platform team is taking on this vital work by building crowd-sourced software to enable high-precision localization and sustainable access to multi-layered data that will allow vehicles to stay connected. Our revolutionary business model will support mobility that is both scalable and sustainable, positioning Woven Planet as the world’s largest provider of up-to-date HD maps.
In order to deliver on our mission, we need to build, validate, deliver, and maintain maps on a global scale. In support of this, we need a veteran operations leader with mapping experience to own a diverse group of operations teams including field operations, map validation, change management, and map curation. This role is part of the Product org at AMP reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Product and working cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and Business teams to deliver high-quality maps for our customers at the lowest cost possible.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- You will lead and grow the Map Operations org consisting of:
- GIS professionals (technicians, analysts, developers, and managers) located in multiple office locations on the west coast of the US
- Field operations specialists and managers responsible for our fleets of sensors located remotely US wide
- Offshore operations both internal and leveraging vendors located in India
- You will own the delivery and maintenance of map data and annotations, including ingestion, validation, processing, and delivery for multiple international projects simultaneously
- You will track and present status, successes, and blockers to executives
- You will improve operational efficiency
- You will work with the executive team to balance priorities and provide strategic direction for the Map Operations org while working with managers to help translate that direction into tactics and priorities for the org
- You will ensure the team is “right-sized” for ongoing and upcoming customer work
- You will manage vendor relationships globally, including longer-term growth plans and contractual negotiations, leading the team to handle the day-to-day effectively
- You will continue to develop career growth paths for team members
We’d love to hear from you (required) if:
- You have 7+ years of experience leading teams on worldwide map data content development (as outlined above)
- You are a self-starter used to working in “green-field” environments, building processes and delivering to customers at the same time
- You are able to switch between strategic and tactical thinking seamlessly
- You have demonstrated expertise in developing people and advancing their careers
- You have effective English communication skills
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience:
- Prior experience working directly with product, engineering, and business teams
- Startup experience
- Experience working with 3D data
- Proven track record of helping organizations deliver on time
- Proficiency with modern productivity tools like G Suite, Slack, and Jira
- Experience working with automotive OEMs and/or tier-1 suppliers
- Experience working with certification processes (e.g. ISO-26262)
- Ability to read or speak Japanese or familiarity with Japanese (business) cultural norms
Benefits & Perks: We’re committed to creating an environment where you thrive personally and professionally. Our benefits are crafted to support your well-being on a number of levels and include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid, parental leave (26 weeks for Birthing Mothers | 18 weeks for Non-birthing parents)
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan
- Toyota/Lexus Vehicle Leasing Program
- We expect to return to office in a hybrid capacity that emphasizes flexible working norms and time-off
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Backup child/elder care
- Monthly home office stipend
- Mental health and wellness program from Modern Health
- Concierge Medical support by OneMedical
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
If you are interested in being considered, please take a second to share more about yourself.
INSIDER TIP: Want to elevate your application to the top? A well articulated response to the question about Related Experience is the best way to guarantee an interview.
*This position is open to US-remote but the greater Seattle OR San Francisco areas are preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is critical to our company. Furthermore, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice and overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups and individuals.