Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for a strategic, hands-on marketing leader to build Coinbase’s go-to-market plan and marketing function for Europe. You will be in charge of crafting our product and marketing voices to fit with the European market and to differentiate Coinbase amongst competitors.
You’ll work closely with our teams in Europe and headquarters, including product, design, support and communications, to execute on our Europe launch and drive the long-term success of the Europe business.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Lead Coinbase’s European marketing strategy, partnering closely with both regional management and functional teams and our Product team
- Be the voice of the customer and a specialist on the European user to drive growth and inform our product roadmap
- Experience localizing GTM product messaging, brand differentiation, marketing content, and external communications
- Execute multiple aspects of marketing, including branding and positioning, product marketing, paid marketing, education and engagement campaigns, events and communication
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, brand, communications to fuel ongoing product adoption, product launches, and product localization efforts across multiple markets
- Measure and report progress against marketing goals, gain customer insight and iterate on outstanding GTM strategy for established and new markets
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Strategic problem solver, and have validated results building and executing on marketing strategy
- Experience working with agencies and partner networks to execute campaigns across various channels
- Experience developing strategy and running campaigns across multiple Europe markets simultaneously
- Leverage a data-driven framework for evaluating channel execution and work towards ROI targets
- A native or have spent 5+ years living in Europe
- Scrappy and enjoy transforming ambiguity into clear, impactful next steps
- Clearly articulate the essence of products and the value they create; you can develop strategic positioning, a strong messaging hierarchy, and effective content strategy plan; you can also play copywriter.
- Execution focused with a bias toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier; you never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery
- Lead multiple partners with competing priorities to drive growth across multiple regions concurrently
Nice to haves:
- Experience leading the marketing strategy for a product before, including a new product launch in Europe
- Crypto experience and a knowledge of the European crypto market.
- Worked at a consumer financial technology company.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.