Hypothes.is - The Hypothesis Project (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Hypothesis mission is to bring humanity together by enabling a conversation over all knowledge. We built the reference open-source implementation of the W3C Web Annotation standard, and now we’re focused on bringing it to each and every browser, app and device for all the world’s citizens.
Our vision: a world where you can have a conversation within any community over the pages of any document or book anywhere through a federated ecosystem exactly like the web itself. Built around an open protocol, and through open systems, this meta layer will provide profound new capabilities for discussion, collaboration, organization, discovery, research and computation.
We’re focused first in education where we’re bringing social annotation to the world’s classrooms.
You are a leader who brings a blend of marketing expertise, management experience and deep humanity — someone with a focus, passion and talent for leading and scaling great teams working on big challenges. You care about the projects you work on, and you want to devote your superpowers to things that matter. You’re a huge fan of open-source software and the potential it has to bring people together.
You’ll be reporting to our CEO and working closely with our company leadership to help shape a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability. You’ll have a solid understanding of what it takes to design, execute and measure integrated strategies to promote and expand the usage of cloud-based SaaS technology services within the education market and beyond — all while incorporating the larger mission and narrative as a natural complement.
What you’ll do
Develop our strategy. Marketing is one of the key drivers of business growth in the modern organization. You’ll help combine our mission with the products and services we deliver to create a go-to-market strategy.
Build and lead our team: You’ll be responsible for hiring and managing a world-class team that can deliver on the strategy.
Evolve our processes: As we scale, how we work will also need to constantly evolve. You’ll use your experience going through those transitions elsewhere to guide us in developing an engine of continuous improvement.
Grow our business: You’ll combine the strategy, the team you’ve built and the processes we evolve to deliver on sustained business growth for the organization.
- Prior experience building and managing a team responsible for all marketing functions at an early stage growth company.
- At least 2 years of experience in a digital product marketing role focused on digital advertising, website, SEO, content and automation.
- Experience in SaaS, B2B or education marketplaces.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of the modern online marketing toolbox, including the strategies and services that can drive growth, how to measure performance, and how to optimize results.
- Experience working with website, marketing automation and customer relationship (CRM) platforms to deliver and measure sophisticated communications with large, diverse audiences.
- A talent for positioning and communications, and the ability to quickly create content in different media to reflect them.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both internally with teams and externally to business stakeholders and the wider world.
- Fun. You’re a pleasure to be around, and you want the same in your teammates.
- Proven experience leading teams in remote, distributed environments.
- Understanding of public relations and how to create the awareness necessary to achieve organizational objectives.
- Strong familiarity with web technologies and the modern open source software movement. Ideally you share a passion for the open web and its potential for social change.
- Attractive compensation and benefits: competitive salary, stock options, personal time off (PTO) and medical insurance
- Flexibility with regard to your location (we are a 100% remote organization and have been for over 10 years)
- European standards for vacation time: between 4–6 weeks of paid leave and national holidays combined
- Discretionary company-wide semi-annual performance bonus
- Annual equipment stipend
- Employee referral bonus program
- Parental leave
Hypothesis is committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of the company in support of a diverse, global workforce.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, LinkedIn profile and salary expectations to [email protected], and include a two-minute video introducing yourself and why you think you would be a great fit for Hypothesis.