Metabolic Living (51-200 Employees, 135% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Life's Short. Make it Count.
Metabolic Living is a $60MM rapidly scaling, fully remote DTC metabolic optimization company that’s hunting for a performance marketing leader to 100% own paid social efforts on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snap, Pinterest, etc. You’ll build the team, craft the strategy and drive the execution. We spend $3MM+ monthly in-house on paid social and will 2-3X that in 2022 as we launch our new Metabolic brand and portfolio of new digital and physical products. Our goal is to become a billion-dollar revenue brand by 2024, and to do that requires joining forces with people who know how to get things done in scale. We’ve been 100% remote since our founding 11 years ago and will stay that way. If this exciting challenge speaks to you, please read on as we’d love to talk.
What are the Key Points?
- Compensation: $150k – $175k + Performance Bonus
- Location: 100% Remote (team of 150+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life + Robust 401k + 15 Days PTO
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EASTERN (regardless of where you live)
- Culture: Human-first with High-Performing, Happy & Humble People (no jerks)
- Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
Who Will You Report Into?
Hello, my name is Montana Dambly, VP of Growth Marketing, and I need your help. I joined team Metabolic earlier this year to build out a world-class growth marketing team. Now we’re bringing on dedicated leader for paid social as we build out individual scaled teams for Social, Google and Programmatic. Initially, this will be an extremely hands-on position in which you’ll drive the daily execution while you build out your team. If you don’t thrive on the day-to-day optimization, don’t love doing the detailed campaign setup inside the ad interfaces, this isn’t for you.
We’ve built a robust data analytics and campaign tracking platform to handle immense scale, have a dedicated conversion rate optimization team and a talented internal performance creative team who we pair with two top performance creative agencies to continually deliver creative that converts. In short, we’ve done the heavy lifting to set the conditions for success so you can hit the ground running setting the vision, creating the strategy and executing without getting bogged down.
The most exciting part is what lies ahead – we have 12+ products launching in 2022, each of which needs a full funnel campaign and has the capacity to spend at least $1MM – $2MM+ per month on paid social. These include a flagship digital product (web + app) that generates a 100% customized plan that integrates exercise, eating, lifestyle and supplementation based on our proprietary Metabolic OS… and physical products like supplements for sleep, brain, immunity, energy and cravings. This provides you the opportunity to think creatively to create customized campaigns for these unique opportunities.
So, if you live and breathe all aspects of paid social, you’ve got deep performance marketing experience architecting all campaign types (awareness, acquisition, retention, etc.), you’re addicted to consumer psychology, love designing and running experiments, have high empathy for your target market, you come alive at crafting strategy, flourish while directing creative teams to produce ads that convert, geek out on diving deep into data to identify patterns, love to roll up your sleeves to drive flawless campaign execution and have an aggressive mindset and love to win, then please apply.
What’s Our Culture Like?
We have a human-first culture that puts the needs of our team first. We combine dedicated time for deep work to deliver world-class performance with a standard set of rhythms that allow us to stay in alignment, be transparent and eliminate office politics. These aren’t just talking points – we’ve implemented specific policies, for example:
- A standardized 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. ET schedule to protect your personal and family time
- No meetings before 1 p.m. ET to empower you with 4 hours truly of deep work to GSD
- Daily huddles and weekly check-ins to brainstorm, align on priorities and remove bottlenecks
- No meetings the first week of the month to gain momentum for each 30-day sprint
Who Are We and How Are We Different?
Our mission is to make living healthy easier than living unhealthy. Right now, it’s the opposite, which is why so many people struggle. We solve for this by empowering people to fix their own health with our metabolism-first framework, optimization process and supporting ecosystem. Our goal is to become the Apple of your metabolism – everything’s integrated… and it just works.
There are 3 things that makes us different than other brands in the health and wellness space:
- Metabolism-First – After 11 years of trial-and-error with millions of people, we’ve found that once you optimize your metabolism, you get the results you want: feeling your best, looking your best, performing your best and living longer. Your metabolism is your inner compass for health, but most people don’t understand how to read it; once you do, it’ll tell you exactly what helps you thrive… and what acts like Kryptonite to stay away from.
- Individualized-Approach – Paleo may work great for one person’s metabolism, Vegan for another, Keto for another, etc. Everyone’s different, so to achieve results that stick, those differences must be respected; if not, things will backfire. That’s why our approach is 100% customized to the individual – there is no perfect program to find, it must be built for that specific person and support how their unique metabolism operates. This is where so many of the one-size-fits-all solutions fail today – they don’t respect our very real individual differences.
- Integrated Ecosystem – It’s simply too hard to live healthy – lots of great individual solutions, but nothing is connected. One company for exercise. Another for nutrition. Another for supplements, etc. You’re left to stitch everything together, which is confusing. So, we simplify everything with an integrated ecosystem of products and services to optimize your metabolism. We started with nutrition, moved into exercise, then supplements, then coaching and are constantly pulling in new pieces of the health puzzle.
What’s Our Past and Future?
Our company may be a bit confusing at first, but it’s because we built everything organically in reverse, starting with our first nutrition program in 2012, then our first exercise program in 2014 and then launching our full ecosystem of products, including nutraceuticals, functional foods, subscriptions, memberships, 1-on-1 coaching and more. Currently, these are all marketed separately under different DTC websites and brands in a direct response manner.
However, now everything’s being centralized under our new brand, Metabolic, with our flagship e-comm website launching in December on Metabolic.com, with our app launching shortly thereafter. Normally, companies launch with a brand and then figure out how to make money. We did that in reverse – creating products that solve specific problems first, scaling that up to fund building out our team and infrastructure, and then retrofitting the brand on top. Now that’s done, it’s time to scale up.
What Are the On-going Responsibilities?
- Deliver Results – Collaborate with our creative, funnel and engineering teams to get what you need to deliver against your ROAS, LTV and spend targets
- Build World-Class Team – Recruit your own A-team as you see fit to ensure our goals and objectives are hit as we scale from one growth stage to the next
- Develop Strategy – Develop and execute a paid social strategy to scale each sub-channel (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc.) while hitting KPIs for profitability and scale
- In Depth Analysis – Dive deep into all digital analytics, whether complex attribution KPIs or more standard ones including ROAS, LTV, CPA, contribution margin and more
- Manage Campaigns – Perform hands on, day-to-day management, building, optimizing, scaling, tearing down and rebuilding until you hire your team
- Direct Ad Creative – Collaborate with the creative team to build high-converting video, graphic, text ads to execute appropriately against your campaign strategy
- Go to Market – Collaborate with strategic leadership to devise plans to drive new product marketing initiatives should you spot exciting new opportunities to capitalize on
What Key Skills and Experience are Needed?
- 5+ Years DTC Media Buying – Hands-on day-to-day management of at least $1 million / month performance paid media, mostly with Facebook and Instagram DTC spend
- Consumer-Oriented – You’ve got strong empathy for consumers and flourish in a DTC environment, know how to develop and target personas, do audience research, etc.
- Veteran Team Leader – Have built 1 or more customer acquisition / media buying teams, know precisely how it’s done, and it would come easy doing it again
- Unquenchable Curiosity – It’s difficult for you to stop asking why or what if… you love to understand all of the details and don’t stop until you figure it out
- Driven to Excellence – You naturally have a powerful inner drive towards excellence, which makes you very uncomfortable being around others who don’t have that same drive
- Growth Mindset – You’re constantly seeking ways to sharpen your sword, learning new skills, seeking out mentors, networking, researching best practices, etc.
- Data-Driven – Love flexing the analytical side of your brain with a passion for pouring through reams of response data to detect patterns of success to replicate
- Systems-Oriented – You’ve got strong organizational skills and love to create order out of chaos with highly organized systems that deliver sustained success
- Excellent Communicator – Able to clearly and concisely articulate positions both in written format and orally in 1-on-1 or group situations that build cohesion and gain alignment