Transect (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Transect is a scale-stage, SaaS-based environmental due diligence, and compliance software platform. We seek a Director of Sales to lead, scale, and coach a team of six Account Executives and two contract SDRs. This role reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
We have a highly differentiated value proposition that is uniquely appealing to commercial land developers across multiple industries (Real Estate, Oil & Gas, Engineering). Still, we currently have a heavy targeted focus on the Renewable Energy sector.
In this role, you will maintain accurate sales activity and lead qualification information in our CRM (HubSpot). You are a results-driven individual with an understanding of being a team player/coach.
This position requires a complete understanding of the Challenger Sales Methodology and the ability to coach and teach it as the team scales. We have invested significantly in this methodology and the supporting programs.
- Effectively help your team of quota-carrying salespeople, to manage a full sales cycle, build and manage a pipeline, and deliver accurate forecasting.
- Provide support for escalations and participate directly in complex sales situations and negotiations.
- Must be able to close enterprise and house account deals.
- Hire, motivate, coach, and provide Challenger Sales training to increase productivity and skillsets of employees.
- Provide detailed activity reports, opportunity management, quotes, and forecasting as well as verbal feedback to the team and management.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Customer Success, and Product Management.
- Ensure a high-quality customer experience.
- Manage team to: prospect, forecast, build and maintain a sales pipeline.
- Present to C-level executives in the field and via web demonstrations.
Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of quota-driven sales experience as a B2B account executive – SaaS experience.
- 4+ years of management experience – meeting or exceeding quota.
- Strong customer-facing and presentation skills with the ability to establish credibility with executives.
- Experience negotiating and navigating contracts and legal discussions.
- Proficient: CRM (HubSpot), LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Seamless AI, Slack, MS Office.
- Deep understanding and execution of Challenger Sales Methodology and best practices.
- A proven track record of success selling to mid-sized and/or enterprise customers.
- BS/BA degree preferred (or commensurate experience).
Transect is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. This position is remote.