Interapt (51-200 Employees, 146% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Interapt is a mobile and web application development firm.
At Interapt we transform clients and empower humans with technology. Interapt is a world-class technology services company that attracts and develops the best talent while providing an opportunity to those both with IT experience and those without doors are open for all. We are building a thriving, inclusive technology ecosystem in middle-America that invests in people and communities. Our organizational commitment to social responsibility is not an afterthought, it is embedded in our services and everything we do.
Interapt is seeking a Director, Software Development to design, develop, integrate, and deploy business solutions and software for internal and customer use. We are an Agile development team that builds and works on software systems using a variety of technology stacks. The ideal candidate should have the ability to manage a cross-functional technical team while providing top-tier support to clients. Overall, this person will be responsible for managing the “hands-on” day-to-day operational support, construction of the application, and leading teams of developers (of varied skill levels) through all phases of software development. This will include enhancements, production support, analyzing customer specifications, and developing & delivery of task plans.
- Lead a team of developers in their efforts towards successful project delivery
- Manage a budget, provide sound estimates and ensure budget targets are met
- Responsible for resource allocation and working with project management teams to plan and monitor project execution
- Facilitate code quality scanning, third-party vulnerability testing, and audit participation (SOC2, PCI and ISO 27001)
- Delivers results in the following KPIs: development quality, development velocity, on-time delivery of projects, system availability/up-time, security and compliance
- Collaborates with product leaders and business stakeholders to plan, prioritize, and execute development projects.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team thru use of Sprint Retrospectives and/or Continuous Improvement Board.
- Collaborate with PMs, BAs and Developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain applications.
- Build and support distributed n-tier applications.
- Provide leadership through coaching and strategic discussion on future technologies
- Establish best practices and perform code reviews for the software development team
- Understand and execute Agile/SCRUM software development techniques
- Provide technical and systems design expertise to assist in the architecture, development, implementation, and testing
- Ability to design and maintain relational database applications
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution architecture design and coding standards
- Manage build/release pipelines in Azure to support release management (CI/CD)
- Ability to work with and direct 3rd party software providers to ensure business requirements, IT ops minimized, and architectural/coding standards are followed.
- Knowledge of concurrency desired for increasing performance and system scalability
- Assist in the development of roadmaps for the application portfolio from current to future state as needed
- Minimum of ten years of increasing software development experience is required.
- 2 + years’ experience as a direct manager of software engineering team
- Experience in merging, branching, and versioning including best practices in source control
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience owning and securing API integration platforms
- Experience with test-driven and/or behavior-driven development (TDD or BDD)
- Strong technical background with desire for Microsoft and other certifications as needed (Azure, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to lead both on and offshore development teams, comprised of varying levels of experience
- Experience in cloud-based applications, mobile applications, and SOA architecture is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Wellness Resources