Dropbox (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that’s transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Marketing team sets product positioning and strategy, manages product launches, and gathers customer insights. We’re responsible for maximizing our products’ potential, in order to delight our users and help Dropbox grow. We partner with teams across the company, including Product, Sales, and Engineering.
The Director, Paid Media will build, implement and optimize the overall performance marketing and brand marketing strategy for Dropbox with a focus on driving high-volume, high-quality acquisition initiatives and supporting retention/reactivation KPIs as well. The position requires an analytical, innovative, marketing leader who combines excellence & rigor in media optimization with creative story-telling that will excite consumers Dropbox and our sub-brands and our new products.
You will be responsible for overseeing our global paid media channels such as (SEM, paid social, affiliate, mobile, etc.), while expanding into newer platforms/channels. As Dropbox continues to tell a compelling multi-product story to our key audiences, this is a unique opportunity for an experienced Paid Marketing professional to join the team and built integrated full funnel programs. Our brand story is communicated holistically and imbued across every touchpoint of the customer journey.
We are in the process of transforming our business by expanding our product portfolio and new ways to engage with our prospects and customers. Your role is critical to ensure we are delivering the business results need to accelerate our next stage of growth while holding true to our brand ethos and building strong affinity with our key audiences.
- Create and execute a strong performance marketing strategy and execution plan that will deliver on key KPIs; manage marketing spend and performance to drive strong media ROAS and LTV/CAC and efficient prospecting of new customers
- Daily management and optimization of acquisition channels, including paid social, search, affiliates, influencers and other performance marketing channels through our agency partners and internal resources
- Identify and test new channels to continue to meet and exceed established metrics and scale growth initiatives
- Work closely with the executive leadership team to present results, communicate performance, and share funnel conversion improvement ideas
- Work cross-functionally with our Content, Central Design and Campaigns teams to develop compelling creative assets, ads copy, and landing page experiences to drive results and brand excitement
- Lead our overall attribution solution development and partner with Marketing Operations and Analytics teams to build critical reporting capabilities
- Build 3-year strategy and business case for investments in people and technology to drive long term impact for the business
- 8+ years of experience building and executing effective direct response digital marketing strategies
- Strong understanding and experience with a variety of marketing technologies, including CDPs and Google Marketing Platform. Hands-on expertise in GA360, AdWords, Facebook Ads, and other social platforms
- Team management experience required. Must be able to inspire and mentor direct reports
- Exceptional quantitative and problem-solving skills. Confident digging into data and deep familiarity with growth KPIs including LTV & ROAS
- Attention to detail and strong financial management skills
- Experience with multi-touch and media mix attribution models a strong plus
- Strong communicator that can efficiently communicate learnings and insights to drive improvements
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally with internal and external teams
- Intellectual curiosity, ability to quickly grasp complex concepts, understand products/technologies, and changing market dynamics
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $162,500 – $191,200 – $219,900.
This salary/OTE range represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (Sales roles) range for this position, and is subject to change. To determine a Dropboxer’s starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).