Confluent (501+ Employees, 110% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role
As the Director of Sales Events & Programs, you’ll lead the team that produces ‘events’ that empower our field organization to be their very best and sets the stage for our customers to be wildly successful. Reporting to the SVP of Brand Marketing, this role will be a key contributor in how our field goes to market and the experiences we create for our customers.
Our unique go-to-market model, Customer Growth GTM, has three pillars:
3. Purpose-built for the Data-in-Motion journey
The next generation of software business models will be product-led and consumption-oriented, and in this role, you’ll be a pioneer – learning the essential enterprise software skills of the future. This is a highly visible role, and the successful candidate will demonstrate Confluent’s core values, in particular a desire to work as one team and earn our customers’ love.
What You'll Do
- Lead and scale the high performing team responsible for producing events like: Sales Kick-off, Leaders Summits, Technical Summits, Partner Summits, Enablement Days and President’s Club
- Act as the functional owner of the events needed to deliver the content to a large international team in the most effective way
- Manage multi-million dollar events and program budgets. With the Strategic Marketing Events team, you’ll establish relationships with vendors to build lasting partnerships and maximize all outside spend. Plan events with a two-year horizon and ensure continuity
- Partner with the GTM Strategy and Operations team to develop, deploy, and share accountability in Sales Performance and Productivity KPIs, such as ramp time, productivity per head, and AE quota attainment. Ensure effective measurement of all programs and a KPI-driven approach
- Build and run the Executive Briefing Center program. This is the program that brings together the best of Confluent’s expertise and technology to help customers and partners solve their toughest digital challenges and accelerate their data-in-motion journeys
- Partner with Business Technology and Workplace Services to design the physical and digital EBC experience
- Operationalize the EBC program through system implementations and the formation of a speakers bureau
- Establish truly trusted partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels in the organization, including the c-suite, to ensure alignment
- Drive continuous innovation in enablement and executive meeting programs to make them better and better
- Bring creativity to in-person and virtual events & meetings to boost engagement
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years of experience leading events and curating compelling content in sales, sales enablement, marketing or customer success groups
- Proven experience delivering employee and/or customer engagement programs at scale
- Validated ability to lead and develop high-performing teams
- Customer-facing experience with executive-level decision-makers and excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Self starter who builds trusted partnerships, knows how to define the right goals and design long-term solutions
- Passion for working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented environment
- Team player with a growth mindset who is results-oriented and thrives in a high-performance culture
- A firm belief that diverse and inclusive teams deliver the best work. Equality, diversity and inclusivity are top of mind when planning and promoting events
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.