Maisonette (51-200 Employees, 87% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Are
Maisonette is an online marketplace for high-quality baby and kids products across every category; from apparel to gear to toys and home decor. Founded by two moms in 2017 with the goal of helping modern families raise the next generation, Maisonette carries over 1000 unique brands from around the globe, providing a relevant, high-quality product at every price point, and expert-led content tailored to every stage of parenthood.
More about Maisonette:
- We are a fast-growing venture-backed start-up primed to become the dominant single-destination player in the kid's market.;
- Our vision and business performance resonate with investors; we’ve completed multiple rounds of funding from top-tier investors including NEA, Thrive Capital, and G Squared.;
- Our board of directors consists of leaders across the fields of tech, e-commerce, and fashion.; They include Co-Founder of Lumi Labs, Inc., and former President and CEO of Yahoo! Inc Marissa Mayer, Co-Founder & CEO at BRANDED Pierre Poignant, and General Partner at NEA, Tony Florence.;
We have a diverse, collaborative, and experienced executive team hailing from Vogue, Jet.com, Casper, Birch Box, Rent the Runway, Industrious, and Retail Me Not.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do. We look forward to being interest in our roles from all walks of life. Please see our diversity report for more information.
What We Need
The Director, of Strategy and Business Operations, is a key member of the leadership team, building and testing strategies for future growth initiatives. This newly created role is a right-hand partner to the Chief Revenue Officer in setting long-term company strategy, testing and iterating on future growth initiatives, and helping to create operational processes and procedures across the company as a whole. The role requires a strategic mindset, with the ability to switch gears between analytical, creative, and sales activities. An entrepreneurial spirit is a must.
As the leader of the Strategy and Biz Ops team, you will work on key growth initiatives for the business. Most immediately that will include scaling our Advertising Sales business and testing strategies for loyalty programs. Over time this could include growth opportunities like Baby Registry, Retail Stores, and International Expansion, among many others.
What You'll Do
- Lead long-term strategy for newly launched (2021) advertising sales program focused on monetizing marketing placements and driving growth for vendor partners
- Understand the market for marketplace and retailer ad sales businesses; identify areas to grow aggressively both online and offline
- Determine best process and path to scale existing ad sales programs – Seasonal Marketing Program and Site Placement Program – helping team determine tools, systems, etc that are needed
- Manage Sr Manager, Ad Sales (dedicated FTE on ad sales) and her team to deliver on annual Ad Rev targets
- Coach team on cross-functional partnership need across marketing and merchandising to ensure the success of ad sales program
Strategy & Business Operations
- Lead strategy, ideation, and initial execution (MVP tests) of loyalty programs to help the company meet repeat goals
- Design MVP tests, OKRs, and execution plans for loyalty programs knowing when and how to pivot if necessary
- Drive long-term company planning processes – starting with Executive Offsite preparation through to company rollout and Board approval of strategy – making recommendations along the way for how to improve process YoY
- Set SOPs across the business as a whole and identify ways in which teams could operate more efficiently
- Have a solid understanding of company-wide KPIs and key drivers of success to inform cross-functional team decisions
- Overtime build a strong team of generalists who can wear many hats (currently two direct reports)
- 10+ years experience in a consulting, finance, strategy, e-commerce, planning, or analytics role; startup experience a plus
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented mindset
- Clear, collaborative communicator; ability to streamline and synthesize copious information for various audiences
- Entrepreneurial, intrinsically motivated, enthusiastic, and adaptable
- Ability to prioritize among myriad and shifting priorities
- Ability to balance long-term strategic thinking with day-to-day tactical execution
- Personal passion for and perspective on consumer products, particularly within the apparel/fashion realms
- Has an aesthetic point-of-view