Ada (501+ Employees, 361% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re Ada, a brand interaction platform that empowers brands to live up to their promises and have more—and more valuable—interactions with the people who love them. Our AI-powered platform has automated over 2.9 billion brand interactions for the world’s fastest growing enterprises, including Zoom, Facebook, and Shopify. In May 2021, we raised Series C funding of $130M by Spark Capital (early investors of Twitter, Slack, Snapchat), and officially became a global unicorn with a $1.2B valuation!
The passion of our people and dedication to their craft continues to drive our dramatic global growth.
Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment. You can learn more about the founding of our company here.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
We are hiring a Director, Value Consulting to join our Revenue organization to launch, scale and lead a high-performing, analytical team. This self-starter will report directly to the Senior Director, Solutions. They will cross-functionally work with leaders and teams including: Sales, Solutions Consulting, Professional Services, Customer Success, Go-To-Market and Product Management.
The Value Consulting team is responsible for the success of a key strategic function. They help Sales, Solutions Consulting and Customer Success teams to articulate the operational and financial value benefits of our software solution. They will engage directly with the customer to understand the business opportunity and build business cases for economic buyers (e.g. CFO, COO). As customer relationships mature over time, the Value Consulting team will also serve as a business advisor to senior stakeholders.
Lastly, the Value Consulting team will build new tools and assets that enable the cross-functional sales team to articulate business value, conduct business level discovery and measure existing impact. Their key performance indicators (KPIs) will be to increase our average deal size and protect price, increase our win rates, impact the overall net-dollar-retention of our accounts, and upskill our Go-To-Market teams.
- 5+ years of Value Consulting/Engineering experience in a leadership role, preferably with employees in distributed locations.
- 7+ years of influential success as a Value Consultant, Solutions Consultant (or equivalent) or as a Strategy/Management/Technology Consultant.
- Excellent communicator and storyteller with strong business acumen and quantitative analysis skill set.
- Strong ability to distill complex challenges, then develop an actionable, concise and compelling business case.
- A track record of building and delivering successful executive-level presentations.
- Strong proficiency in Looker and Tableau (or equivalent).
- A success story of shaping the practice of Value Consulting/Engineering at a previous organization is a plus.
- People and Team Management: Hire and manage a successful Value Consulting organization from the ground up.
- Revenue Growth: Support the Sales and Partnerships teams in meeting quarterly revenue goals, while working as a part of the extended team on our largest, most strategic opportunities.
- Practice Building and Enablement: Train and enable Solutions Consultants on delivering concise, compelling, value-based presentations (product demos, technical assessments, etc.) to all levels of an organization, including C-suite (e.g. CTO, COO, CMO).
- Strategic Impact: Provide leadership and strategic inputs into building new capabilities, technical readiness, and offers based on emerging technologies and market trends. Become a key point of contact for Product and Engineering to prioritize feature requests and collaborate with them to develop larger platform strategies.
- Business Operations: Manage the month-to-month operations of the organization. This includes securing headcount, managing compensation plans, reporting results upwards to exec leadership, and managing all other interaction with the Finance and People Ops teams.
- Planning: Partner with our FP&A team to build and align the services capacity model to ensure adequate staffing for growth, aligned with revenue generation.
• Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
• Unlimited vacation
• Wellness account
• Extended health coverage
• Dental/optical/travel insurance
• Life insurance
• Employee and family assistance plan
• Flexible work schedule
• Digital first, fully remote with WFH budget
• In-house social worker
• Paid parental leave for Canadian and U.S. residents
• Development opportunities
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration, and work ethic for the digital world instead of in-person. We are building the workplace of the future to build the customer experience of the future. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Spark, Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success—it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.