MetLife (501+ Employees, 6% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Responsible for the expedient management and resolution of customer-initiated claim escalations, inquiries, or claim processing questions while ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Performs root cause analysis, identifies trends, and proactively works with internal partners to rectify issues identified and enhance overall service satisfaction of customers
- Thoroughly investigates and resolves customer concerns while maintaining highest standards of objectivity and integrity
- Handles escalations funneled through other areas as well, such the account team and the claims organization
- Utilizes available resources to enhance trending analysis (DCA Database, escalations received)
- Makes recommendations about potential service or process improvements based on nature of customer trends being identified
- Assists internal partners in development of resolution action plans and monitors progress until full resolution has been achieved
- Interacts with all levels of organization, including Legal, Disability Privacy Office, Account teams, Disability Operations, and Disability Consultants to resolve customer escalations
- Maintains data integrity of DCA database
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- High school diploma
- 3+ years Disability claims management experience, including knowledge of other Employee Benefit programs (e.g., Workers Compensation, Life Insurance) and relative Federal and State Laws
- Knowledge of all Disability product lines (STD, LTD, FMLA, statutory claims) required
- Strong knowledge of current process and technology in place to support the existing Disability Customers
- Possess basic knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 126748