Pulumi (51-200 Employees, 155% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Pulumi, we’re building the Cloud Engineering Platform enabling the future of developer-first infrastructure. We believe that programming the cloud should be just as productive, joyful, and flow-inducing as your local dev loop. We want to make janky internal developer portals and homegrown infrastructure DSLs a thing of the past. Every engineer deserves delightful tools.
We employ a unique philosophy toward achieving this goal:
- We succeed and fail as a team
- An inclusive environment bubbles the best ideas to the top
- Our customers sit at the center of every decision
- We achieve the best results through openness and honesty, even when uncomfortable
- Work smart, but bias for action and results
- Our natural curiosity for technology keeps us always learning
- Think big, dream, and define the future of engineering in the cloud
As Pulumi hits an inflection point in user growth, we need to build for scale to support hundreds of thousands of users. Are you excited to handle challenges of scale? Can you design and build cloud systems, make consistency and latency tradeoffs where appropriate, and optimize the ingestion of petabytes of JSON?
On any given day at Pulumi you might find yourself:
- Migrating a write-heavy workload out of MySQL into DynamoDB
- Engineering new features like full-text search, or drift detection
- Designing a scheme for geo-replicating api.pulumi.com
- Profiling, tuning, and optimizing slow MySQL queries
- Building out data-intensive infrastructure for new cloud-scale product offerings
- Adding new SaaS product capabilities at the intersection of dev tools, distributed systems, and compilers
We’re hiring motivated engineers from entry-level to principal, but it helps if you have experience and excitement for:
- Backend engineering in a language like Go, C#, Java, etc.
- Schema, index, and query design for MySQL or Postgres
- Experience designing and operating compute and data infrastructure on AWS, Azure, GCP, or Kubernetes.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure characteristics that impact application development, such as queue delivery guarantees, database isolation, consistency characteristics, and write durability.
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don’t just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.