Morning Brew (201-500 Employees, 214% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Morning Brew seeks an editorial assistant to work on our features team.
The editorial assistant is responsible for providing administrative and editorial support to the senior editor. The ideal candidate is organized, deadline-oriented, flexible, creative, and has a keen sense of humor.
This job will require you to work with the senior editor to maintain the editorial calendar, ensuring deadlines for the Sunday newsletter are met. You will also work collaboratively across departments, including copy/fact-checking and art.
If you aspire to write by-the-book business or tech news stories, this isn’t the job for you. Instead, you should be a culture obsessive, as interested in TikTok trends as who owns Twitter. There will be opportunity to pitch and write explainers with the potential to pitch and write feature stories, but your core responsibilities will be assisting the features team.
Candidates should have one to two years of relevant work and/or internship experience. And no, you don’t need a journalism degree—but it doesn’t hurt.
Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates.
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
How We Treat Each Other:
• Respectful Candor — We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy — We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity — We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
How We Treat Our Work:
• Curiosity — We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability — We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action — We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality — We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose — We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
Employee resource groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded… plus more!
Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.