We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for you to join us on this incredible journey.
A message from our hiring manager:
Hello, I’m Allen, the Lifecycle Marketing Manager here at Bench. I have an exciting opportunity to work with a world-class team of marketers, creatives, strategists, analysts and salespeople here at Bench. We’re about to launch one of the most innovative products in the Fintech world, it will revolutionize how small businesses manage their finances. More importantly, it will change their life and help them focus on what matters so that they don’t have to think about how to manage their books and their bank accounts.
Bring your Marketo expertise, marketing automation and campaign execution experience to become a key part of our marketing initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity to take your career to the next level and learn a ton along the way.
This role will be based out of Vancouver, BC or from a home office anywhere within Canada. Our preferences are BC, AB, or ON.
Read on, and hope I get to work with you soon!
You’ll be a perfect fit if you are:
A self-starter with an insatiable curiosity for finding opportunities and an ability to execute marketing automation campaigns and bringing them to life. We are looking for people who are passionate about driving success through innovative marketing automation work. We are looking for problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a rapidly evolving working environment. We embrace change; you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you’ll be getting up to:
Working as a CRM & Marketing Automation Specialist, you’ll be the heart of Bench’s success. Together with your team, you will design and implement Marketing Automation flows across multiple channels (including but not limited to email and chatbots) in Marketo, with the goal of engaging our prospects and leads at all stages of the user lifecycle. You will also be challenged with optimizing flows post-launch, using engagement data and A/B testing to make our flows as impactful as possible.
- Serve as the Marketo expert and work with various internal customer groups to help turn their marketing strategies/goals into actionable Marketo programs
- Recommend and implement advanced marketing automation capabilities to push the boundaries of automation and marketing technology for dynamic/personalized content, segmentation and data-driven strategies
- Manage the day-to-day operations and configuration of the Marketo marketing automation platform, driving improvements and employing best practices for the broader marketing team to leverage when executing integrated campaigns
- Administer the Marketo integration with Salesforce in partnership with BizOps team; maintaining platform and drive innovation around the capabilities it offers
- Build and maintain scalable lead capture forms and landing pages to support acquisition and engagement marketing programs
- Build and optimize engagement scoring model and nurture campaigns to identify highly engaged segments
- Manage Marketo’s database hygiene and optimization; develop/execute strategy for monitoring and improving gaps in data health
- Lead the overall relationship with Marketo Support to bring bugs and questions to resolution ; create and follow up on support cases for both technical issues and research for new marketing automation initiatives
- Liaise with the CRM and Legal teams on policies/processes for keeping Marketo platform and data GDPR compliant
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 3+ years experience of working within CRM & Marketing Automation
- Proficient with Salesforce; building and managing the integration with a marketing automation tool (Marketo, Pardot, Responsys, and etc.) and CX platforms such as Airkit.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for marketing automation and the ability/desire to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Highly collaborative individual who enjoys teamwork
- Technically capable, exceptional communicator with a desire to improve processes and positively impact Bench
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with other analytical tools to ensure customer understanding and campaign results
The extra details:
- You’ll have my unconditional support and together we’ll look back and we’ll be so proud of what we’ve built.
- You will get to learn and grow by working with a team of unconventional & diverse leaders, from ex-business owners to consultants, all coming together to achieve the same mission.
- You have the opportunity of a lifetime to truly make a difference in the lives of millions of entrepreneurs.
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- We’re a remote-first team augmented by physical space, and you’ll need to be able to travel to Vancouver regularly once it’s possible to do
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.