Supergreat App (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
A community of real people reviewing the beauty products that work for them.
Supergreat is a video-first community of beauty enthusiasts who have created over 200,000 video reviews on over 40,000 products they love. They share looks, tips, encouragement, and get together during our livestream shopping events which have sold out hundreds of beauty and skincare products in seconds.
This Email Marketing Manager role will be critical to drive retention and engagement rates and is a foundational hire on our Growth Marketing team. We’re looking for an experienced manager who’s excited to build Supergreat’s email channel from the ground up by strategic planning as well as developing and executing campaigns to engage new and existing users.
You’ll serve as the subject matter expert on lifecycle email marketing, and work with Design, Data, and agency partners to ensure campaigns are executed and tracked with a high degree of effectiveness. This role will also support in-app, web, and mobile marketing.
Successful candidates will be folks who obsess over email, organization, iteration, and analysis. You should have direct, hands-on experience conceptualizing, implementing, and scaling successful email campaigns for a consumer product/app or e-commerce business.
Inclusivity is also critical to our company. We strongly encourage applications from people who are members of traditionally marginalized communities so we can continue building a platform where all the attributes that make people uniquely beautiful are safe, seen, and celebrated.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Building the strategy and roadmap of email marketing initiatives to impact key retention and engagement KPIs of the business
- Collaborating with Growth Marketing Lead, Data, and Product to oversee and optimize a user lifecycle strategy, from signup to onboarding to ongoing engagement
- Managing agencies in collaboration with Growth Marketing Lead
- Conceptualizing and developing email marketing campaigns to drive retention, engagement, and revenue over time as Supergreat’s beauty marketplace grows—including authoring creative briefs to bring email strategy and promotion plans to life
- Developing and leveraging user segmentation to deliver successful campaigns
- Establishing a test-and-learn approach around user segmentation, promotions, and creative formats to continuously improve Supergreat’s email channel
- Owning project management and cross-functional campaign development with teams such as Design, Product, Marketing, and Data—measuring campaign effectiveness and sharing performance/insights with teams as well
- Maintaining subject matter expertise of channel platforms and industry best practices, trends, and consumers insights
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 4-5+ years of relevant e-commerce or B2C email marketing or CRM experience—including comprehensive understanding of email best practices
- Is equally comfortable setting a vision and strategy as well as executing ideas
- Has strong experience in user journey mapping, segmentation, and targeting strategies
- Has strong experience with lifecycle and trigger email programs
- Has strong analytical skills and ability to apply insights to evolve email strategies, including familiarity with A/B and multivariate testing
- Has demonstrated collaboration skills and comfort partnering with a variety of teams from Design to Product
- Has strong organizational and project management skills to oversee/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Has exceptional communication skills, including the ability to specify required data, segmentation & targeting logic, dynamic content requirements, interpreting results, and sharing insights effectively to the team
What it’s like to work at Supergreat:
At Supergreat, we offer our team competitive compensation including equity in the company. PTO is unlimited, with paid holidays and a flexible work schedule. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 16 weeks paid parental leave.
We’re a tight-knit team of 30 where people are excited about wearing multiple hats and tackling challenges they’ve never encountered before. We’re backed by top investors including Benchmark, Thrive Capital, Third Kind, and angels including founders of Rent the Runway, Product Hunt, Thrive Market, and Tumblr.
Prior to COVID, we largely worked from a beautiful office space in Tribeca, NYC and enjoyed company outings, happy hours, and weekly team lunches together. Since the crisis, we’ve adapted to working fully remote and are distributed across the US, Canada, and Europe. Our team values flexibility and we’ll continue to hire and work remotely going forward.