GlobalGiving (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Do you love to create engaging, beautiful emails that provoke thought and inspire global change? Do you thrive in an environment where you can analyze customer lifecycles and craft rich experiences for multiple audiences? Are you excited to share incredible real-life stories that inspire generosity and use your data-first mindset to innovate, test, and grow email marketing channels? GlobalGiving is looking for an Email Marketing Specialist to join our team.
As part of the Marketing and Communications team, you will manage GlobalGiving’s email marketing channels, helping to drive conversions, traffic, and brand loyalty. You’ll be an integral part of envisioning and executing our lifecycle marketing strategy with a focus on revenue-driving email segmentation and automation for our donor, nonprofit, and corporate markets. This is your opportunity to flex your email copywriting, design, and data analysis skills.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager and will be a creative, strategic thinker who has experience with nurturing lists, developing segmentation strategies, and using analytics and A/B testing to drive results. The right person for this position knows how to write and design emails that make people want to take action. We’d also love for you to have had experience working in a similar role for another nonprofit!
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
- Create amazing email experiences: Strategize and execute lifecycle marketing and automation campaigns using HubSpot to drive more generosity and attention to GlobalGiving’s partners, corporate offerings, and more.
- Test, experiment, and improve: Work closely with the Senior Digital Marketing Manager to research, identify, and test new opportunities to continuously improve email marketing metrics and drive towards organizational goals.
- Lean into your creativity and teamwork skills: Work closely with our Growth, Disaster Response, and Program teams to level-up email skills across the organization and execute email strategies for multiple audiences
- Continuous improvement: Research and identify new technologies, tools or techniques that improve the efficiency of GlobalGiving’s operations. Help us know what we don’t know. We’ll send you to conferences and other professional development opportunities to assist.
- Motivated self: Superb self-management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment while bringing your own sense of humor, and desire to change the world.
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing or related area of study
- 3-5 years of experience working in email marketing for a brand, leveraging lifecycle marketing strategies and best practices to achieve organizational goals
- Proven experience creating high-impact, thought-provoking marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of the importance of data, email metrics, and privacy-related laws
- Ability to collaborate and produce well-crafted copy and visually appealing content
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- A passionate belief in the mission of GlobalGiving and a commitment to our core values.
In addition, the ideal candidate would also have some or all of the following qualifications:
- Experience using Hubspot for marketing purposes
- Previous experience in a marketing role at a nonprofit
- Ability to develop visual assets for emails using Canva, Adobe Suite or other design tool
- Experience using email to market to multiple audiences (B2B and B2C)
Salary + Benefits
Starting salary range: $65k to $75k.
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, up to 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, “Today, my work helped more than 700 kids get their essential health and educational needs met.” (One of many true stories.) And of course, we’ve also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager and can be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. or remotely.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of this permanent position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
In efforts to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, GlobalGiving requires all employees to adhere to the GlobalGiving Vaccination Mandate policy upon their start date. New employees will be required to be fully vaccinated upon their start date, if expected to work from the office. New employees working remotely who will have occasional contact with the office and/or co-workers will also be required to be fully vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.