Salesforce (501+ Employees, 32% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
The Strategic Operations team in Salesforce’s Global Public Sector Business Unit is a growing and cross-functional team. We deliver efficient, proactive, and innovative operational processes, standardisation and operational execution for new programs/products, and new go-to-market strategies supporting the growth of the Global Public Sector organisation.
What we are looking for:
Love being part of a front-line business unit working collaboratively with sales and technology leaders to help drive revenue in a supporting role? We are seeking a dynamic leader responsible for supporting the coordination and content response development of public sector tenders, requests for information (RFIs), requests for proposals (RFPs), and other public sector procurement documents and unsolicited proposals for SaaS/PaaS solutions and serving in a manager role for a rapidly growing team.
We are looking for a talented, hardworking bid manager with great energy, leadership, and initiative to lead a team of RFx professionals to prepare superior RFx submissions in support of EMEA and other global public sector government customers in a shared services model.
Manage a bid team and work with a cross functional team of talented individuals to overcome daily challenges including maintaining and refreshing RFx processes where needed, delivering training webinars to our growing EMEA sales teams, and developing learning assets.
Curate relevant content in multiple languages to support RFx responses and act as a knowledge repository for go to market activities. Work with Sales team and Business Development to pre-position and seed RFx process to influence customer perception, improve RFx win rate, and avoid RFP process.
This role requires equal parts organization, attention to detail, problem analysis and resolution, knowledge of the procurement process in the public sector marketplace, and ability to simultaneously handle a variety of requests/projects across a broad spectrum of topics with differing priority levels and deadlines.
The ideal candidate must be customer service-oriented, able to work independently, comfortable operating with a high sense of urgency and agility, enthusiastic about working in one of the fastest growing divisions within Salesforce, and driven to succeed within the demands of a fast-paced, high-growth and dynamic environment.
Please note this role is ideally based in the UK but we are also flexible to the right candidate being based across EMEA (in both instances remote or office flexible).
Success will be measured by initiatives outlined in your yearly V2MOM (a very transparent goal setting system everyone at Salesforce uses). As one of the most innovative companies in the world, we are also expected individually to contribute to innovating in any area we work. Finally, we are a family culture organisation and look to bring on great people who work well with others and love to celebrate success!
- Be a subject matter expert for all processes unique to the public sector marketplace related to formal RFx responses and other proposals.
- Responsible for project management and content response development of all types of public sector tenders, requests for information (RFIs), requests for proposals (RFPs), and other public sector procurement documents and unsolicited proposals for SaaS/PaaS solutions.
- Participate in the analysis of opportunities as a team and Go/No Go decision process.
- Develop bid/response plan and schedule for all phases of the response development process.
- Manage/track all aspects of content preparation, revision, and submission; collaborate and coordinate inputs from sales, solution engineering, security, legal, and compliance teams; coordinate and communicate with responding partners where required; and coordinate internal content reviews with executive management and legal.
- Structure, write, edit, and format all types of response content (general, functional, technical), tailoring the content around the customer requirements, in a creative, compelling, and compliant manner.
- Participate in the development of written questions to seek clarification from procurement officials throughout the procurement process, and remain current on all amendments and modifications.
- Review and understand customer requirements. Conceptualise and write compelling response content using proposal boilerplate library and developing from scratch as required.
- Create proposal response policies and process and enable the Sales, Solution Engineering and other teams on the process.
- Create and manage RFx boilerplate content repository and library of completed responses in multiple languages.
- Participate in developing and writing proposal win themes and executive summary sections.
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment, working with a sense of urgency.
- Develop and share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency.
- Build relationships and work cross-functionally with a diverse set of business partners.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years experience leading an RFx/proposal team.
- 5+ years of experience in a proposal development role selling products and services responding to government solicitations under a direct and indirect contracting model.
- 5+ years of experience in the technology consulting industry as a Technical Writer writing responses for government organizations.
- Experience with technical writing for cloud Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions
- College degree.
- APMP certification and/or PMP certification.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Google Suite (Gdocs, Gsheets, Gchat).
- Self motivated to excel in a remote position collaborating effectively with a remote team; possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work occasional overtime if necessary.
- A broad knowledge of Salesforce applications is highly desired or transferable job experience for other, similar cloud-based solutions such as Microsoft or Oracle.
- Proven experience with RFPio or similar proposal management software.
- Additional language – ideally Norwegian, but Finnish and Swedish are also desirable
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.