Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
As an Engagement Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous services, engineering, finance, and sales team and wear many hats, servicing our US Federal customer base on billable projects. Our customers include Fortune 100 companies, startups, government entities, and nonprofits researching some of the world’s most interesting and complex search problems, and our consulting team assists our customers in the use of our products towards these efforts.
You will be making an impact by working with our US Federal customers through managing communications, meeting facilitation, project scoping, project planning, scheduling, resourcing, and reporting. If you are passionate about building customer relationships and have stellar organization and multitasking skills, we’d love to hear from you!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Create and track team resourcing including resource scheduling, assignment creation, timecard reviews, and utilization reporting in the Professional Services Automation (“PSA”) tool
- Liaise with Elastic Customer Success and Sales Teams to prepare for customer project kickoffs with the Consulting team
- Facilitate project kickoffs and ask meaningful questions to understand the customer’s definition of success and identify project dependencies
- Liaise with customers to confirm onsite visits’ logistic details and provide project milestone reporting
- Confront issues proactively and transparently with management
- Advocate for the Consultants’ by sharing how their expertise and project experience
- Be comfortable working remotely with a highly distributed Consulting Services team and partners, and flexible to work with global customers across many time zones
What You Bring Along:
- At least 5 years experience working in a customer facing, high-volume role, preferably for a professional services or consulting environment
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce and a Professional Services Automation (“PSA”) tool
- Experience working with the US Federal Government
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously across multiple time zones
- Create, track and build reports to support end of the month billing cycles and executive summaries
- Active Security Clearance
- Demonstrate very strong customer-facing communications and interpersonal skills
- Understand consulting projects billing process, invoicing, contract agreements, and revenue recognition
- Strong analytical skills with forecasting experience
- Project management certification or similar certification is a plus
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.