Figment (51-200 Employees, 1000% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About this Role
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to help lead, grow, and mentor a DevOps team. At Figment, DevOps is the backbone and mission-critical part of our organization. You will report to the Director of DevOps and work with a group of DevOps engineers focused on automating all things related to running blockchain software.
We seek a natural leader who manages teams with a deep sense of empathy, ability to provide technical guidance to a geographically distributed team of high-performing engineers, and a proven track record of building high quality software systems and solutions, preferably at large scale and in a context of big data processing.
In this role you will have autonomy and the ability to build and lead a team using management best practices, ensuring proper resource allocation & prioritization, and supporting team chemistry.
If you enjoy building team teams providing solutions having real business impact, then this role may be a good fit for you. Ideal candidates are comfortable working in an unstructured environment, dealing with uncertainty, minimal direction, and working across a range of projects.
We seek to build diverse and inclusive teams, so this should also be a priority for you.
What you will be doing
- Managing a team of up to 10 engineers.
- Manage the technical delivery of high-performance indexing software to ingest data from blockchains
- Hold regular 1:1s with direct reports, focusing on mentorship, career development, and technical goals
- Work with business units to coordinate defining requirements and helping with project management
- Moderating technical discussions on different engineering approaches and be able to convey trade-offs between other teams
- Lead post-mortems and regular retrospectives
- Provide input to management for the team’s upcoming goals
- Take part in the engineering interview process
What you will bring to the team, requirements
- Proven track record of managing high-performing DevOps, Infrastructure and/or SRE engineering teams, with ideally over one year of experience.
- Ability team process with agile methodology in a geographically distributed team context
- Results-oriented individual with a high EQ and attention to detail.
- A management style that empowers and helps the team grow in their career goals
- Team-working skills and a collaborative approach to sharing ideas and finding solutions
- Plans to improve overall productivity and unblock team members
What you could bring to the team
- Blockchain knowledge & keen interest
- Strong sense of humor and potentially tasty memes
Working at Figment
Figment is a remote-first, globally distributed company. Our culture is centered around honesty, professionalism and risk-taking in a high-growth environment.
This role is for candidates located within European timezones.
Figment fully expects to hire the best talent for a job, and let them have full autonomy and trust in being able to do that job to the best of their abilities with minimal management oversight. We also expect teammates to be able to help shape the team culture and working practices.
Your career development and professional growth is also a key cornerstone of how we grow people and invest in them, and you can expect active coaching and help on those aspects.
We do not expect you to be a blockchain expert. Some familiarity is definitely a bonus, but we will help you get up to speed where needed. You’ll only be limited by how much you want to learn about Web3 technologies.