ConsenSys (201-500 Employees, 42% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
ConsenSys develops enterprise applications, invests in startups, builds developer tools, and offers blockchain education.
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About the Codefi product group
Codefi is the blockchain application suite powering commerce and finance, built to optimize business processes and digitize financial instruments. Codefi is at the forefront of the blockchain fintech revolution and builds, deploys and runs critical applications across both Enterprise and crypto/DeFi and multiple blockchain verticals (digital assets, payments, workflows, data, staking). The product group is composed of multiple decentralised product teams across all verticals distributed across Europe and US and working mostly remotely.
About the role
The role of Engineering Manager is to grow and develop our engineering talent and build inclusive, high-performing interdisciplinary teams. We are particularly looking for people who are passionate and interested in web2 Fintech and crypto/DeFi. Engineering Managers collaborate and manage teams arranged around a mission, with clear responsibilities and objectives, and the right people in the team to determine and execute against their own roadmap.
Your focus will be on helping engineers with their personal and professional development, listening, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes. You will also be helping teams in your area to become high-performing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and support career development for the members of your team;
- Inspire and grow your team through mentorship, empowerment, and by challenging them to do their best work;
- Help recruit great, diverse humans that compliment each other as a team;
- Conduct regular 1-1s with the team-members;
- Ensure decisions are made rather than make them yourself.
- Ensure that the team becomes increasingly diverse.
- Facilitate the Engineering team’s work to meet requirements and timelines from key external and internal stakeholders
- Inspire an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as an engineering coach, and a mentor.
- Bringing people together to solve problems
- Emotional intelligence
- Ability to give constructive criticism, can give recognition effectively
- Can prioritize tasks effectively for self and teams
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- Building strong, talented, cross-cultural and multi-cultural teams
- Evolving in a rapidly changing environment and with cutting edge technologies
- Ability to operate in a decentralised team and remote working environment
- Strong documentation and organisational skills
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in with Enterprise clients (ideally in the finance industry) or in the crypto/DeFi industry
- Understanding of Blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
Don’t check all of the boxes? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes to create a world-class delivery organisation in our chaotic-but-fun, decentralised, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here