Datafold (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Datafold exists to make working with data more enjoyable and productive.
We are all about empowering data and analytics engineers. We find the most tedious, error-prone, and repetitive tasks and create tools to automate them. We make the world better by giving superpowers to data professionals who solve hard problems in various domains with data.
We are fully remote and a highly technical team with deep expertise in the data domain. To date, Datafold raised $22M from top-tier investors, including YCombinator, NEA & Amplify Partners.
Datafold is a distributed web application with a rich interactive UI. Our backend is primarily written in Python with the use of FastAPI, SQLAlchemy, and Celery. We rely on Rust for specialized and performance-critical components. The data is stored in PostgreSQL, Neo4j (metadata graph), and Clickhouse (logs and time series). Our frontend is written in Typescript with the use of React, Redux, and GraphQL. We also use WebAssembly for performance-critical components.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to build, scale and lead part of our fully remote engineering team.
- Manage a team of software engineers and take ultimate responsibility for the team’s performance, including planning the work, hiring, mentoring, and growing the team and its members.
- Own the delivery of key projects and initiatives
- Work closely with Product and senior Engineering leadership
- Contribute to improving how the Engineering team collaborates, develops, and ships code
- Own hiring process and collaborate with internal and external recruiters to attract and identify the best talent globally
What we value
- Experience leading software engineering teams in fast-paced distributed environments
- Strong hands-on software development track record. We don’t expect you to write code day-to-day, but you need to know modern patterns and dev tooling and be able to master our tech stack.
- Empathetic leadership. You can effectively connect and build trust with people of different cultures, skill levels, and personalities.
- Execution. You default to taking extreme ownership and bias towards action, optimizing for the business impact.
- Flexibility. You embrace ambiguity and thrive in high-growth environments. You find creative ways to build team cohesion and effective management systems in a fully-remote cross-timezone environment.