BitGo (201-500 Employees, 187% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with custody liquidity, and security solutions. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, with more than $10 billion in custody and circulation. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 400 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for an Engineering Manager who will lead our DeFi team in the United States to help us integrate and explore the latest technologies in the DeFi space.
- Collaborate with management, product teams, and other key stakeholders to build BitGo’s DeFi long-term roadmap
- Lead the team on the design and development of new services that integrate with different DeFi projects (DAOs, bridges, NFTs, DEXs, etc) for multiple blockchains
- Guide other internal teams integration efforts with the DeFi projects
- Manage team goals, project timelines, and delivery dates while ensuring proper allocation of resources and budgets within the team
- Lead and develop a team of talented and high-impact engineers, providing cultural, technical, and hands-on leadership
- Grow engineers by actively shaping a culture of open communication, craftsmanship, ownership, and accountability
- Be fully accountable to and drive accountability for KPIs pertaining to service health and uptime, software quality, and test coverage
- Drive a rigorous practice of thorough documentation and knowledge sharing
- Resolve escalations arising from operations and work with various teams to solve problems
- Align teams to broader company objectives and client expectations
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, collaboration, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer, 3+ years in a managerial role leading engineers
- Excellent understanding of the underlying technology for blockchains
- Proven ability to lead highly technical teams in an unknown space
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-volume applications
- Experience sourcing and hiring top engineering talent, including managerial talent
- Proven understanding of business goals and strategy and how that drives direction within an engineering department
- Proven ability to balance business requirements from various independent stakeholders with problems that impede work execution and delivery, while driving the highest ROI initiatives
- Strong working knowledge of modern software development methodologies, software design patterns, and SDLC
- A self-starter capable of adapting quickly and being decisive
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong DeFi or trading knowledge
- Active contributor and thought leader in the Blockchain community
- Ability to translate a complex arrangement of software components into a cohesive architecture that yields clean, efficient, and highly maintainable code
- Shipped multiple projects and services to large scale consumers
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free commute and parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
*Benefits vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.