Dropbox (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that’s transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
DocSend, a Dropbox company, is shaping the future of how businesses put documents to work. Our 24,000 customers rely on us to send documents or folders with a single link, track who’s interacting with those documents, and get key contracts and NDAs signed. From founders to sales teams, we power the most important documents while delivering unparalleled security and control.
DocSend is in an exciting growth phase – and we’re just getting started. We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help drive Platform’s overall mission of enabling DocSend to scale as a business. In this role, you will lead two sibling teams (Application and Developer Platform) of 8 engineers, and take full ownership of your teams’ growth, strategy, and execution in a startup-like environment. Our area highly values ownership, customer focus, and continuous improvement – you’ll thrive in DocSend if you enjoy having the opportunity to move fast, innovate, and make a huge impact in DocSend’s ability to scale to serve both external end users and internal engineers.
- Grow and develop an incredible team of hardworking and motivated engineers
- Cultivate a healthy, collaborative environment of growth and support, coaching and empowering your team to deliver impactful results
- Set direction for your teams by working with your teams to define the vision, technical strategy, and goals
- Drive operational excellence across your team and wider engineering org
- Partner and collaborate with other manager peers, functions, and teams across both DocSend and Dropbox
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply! It’s impossible for one person to check every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team!
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of people management experience with an engineering team
- Previous software development experience
- Experience with web applications (Ruby on Rails is a bonus!)
- Experience or interest in scalability, reliability, developer experience, security
Our Engineering Career Framework is viewable by anyone outside the company and describes what’s expected for our engineers at each of our career levels. Check out our blog post on this topic and more here.
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $157,800 – $185,600 – $213,400.
This salary/OTE range represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (Sales roles) range for this position, and is subject to change. To determine a Dropboxer’s starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).