Employment Hero (201-500 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn – valued at over $1 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year on year since inception, and expanded globally in late 2020. We now service over 80,000 businesses and we will continue to grow rapidly in 2022 and beyond. We use cutting-edge technologies available at the time and we are looking for Engineering Managers to join our engineering team to help us move forward.
As an Engineering Manager:
- You are responsible for building a remote team of engineers by hiring, managing, coaching, career development and performance review.
- You are responsible for architecture, design and practices.
- You will collaborate with colleagues in design, product and engineering for timely and high quality delivery.
- You will help your team to facilitate making decisions and remove roadblocks.
- You will foster a healthy, collaborative engineering culture.
- We are a multinational company, you will work with international colleagues around the world.
- You are a mindful and experienced Engineering Manager
- You are passionate about building high-performing engineering teams
- You respect and challenge your peers and team members
- You welcome being challenged
- You have good communication skills in Vietnamese and English
- Passion for mentoring engineers and helping others achieve their career goals
- Experience with software development methodologies including Agile, Scrum
- Time management skills and ability to balance multiple initiatives
We would particularly love it if you have
- Over 5-7 years of prior working experience as a Back-End or Full-Stack Software Development Engineer
- Experience in or Willing to learn Ruby on Rails, React, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, AWS
- Experience in database design and performance tuning
- Experience working in modular monoliths and microservice architectures
- Experience in cloud native architectures
We also have a great range of perks:
- Remotely working and flexible working time
- 20 annual leave days
- 1 Leisure Rules day
- Top private healthcare package (Included your spouses and children)
- USD 500/ annual/ person for books/ tech conferences/courses
- USD 500/ annual/ person for English learning
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Parking fee funded by company
- Lunch allowance for every working day
- Australian Trip for who are eligible
- Very attractive Referral Bonus
- Fully compliance with Vietnam Labor Code
- Social Security is based on full salary
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
Oh, and we don’t want to toot our own horn (actually yes, we do), but others think we’re pretty cool too – we’ve received many awards for smashing some seriously ambitious goals including:
* The Australian’s Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist – Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist – Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
* Dynamic Business Top 10 Entrepreneurs, our CEO Ben Thompson ranked #2
* BRW Most Innovative Companies 2015
* Anthill Smart 100 List 2015
* Startup Daily Top 50 Emerging Leaders 2015
* HRD Employer of Choice Award 2015
* Aon Hewitt Best Employers 2013