Iterable (501+ Employees, 134% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Iterable is the customer activation platform that helps brands deliver joyful experiences with harmonized, individualized, and dynamic communications at scale—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've surpassed $100M in ARR and have raised more than $340M from top-tier investors like Index Ventures, Viking, and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to implement where it matters most—creating experiences and promoting connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power excellent customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work – SF for the past four years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado’s Best Paying Companies! We’ve also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, and London, and remote employees located all over the world. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values – Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make a difference:
You love leading engineering teams and delivering winning products. You have hands-on technical expertise in building systems technologies for large-scale data. You are first a leader, then a manager, and an engineer. You are motivated by solving challenging problems with simple solutions and feel satisfaction from helping others. Your leadership style will translate to impressive results and attract like-minded people.
One of our core values is a growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond an engineering manager role.
You'll report to the Sr. Engineering Manager of the AI and Experimentation group. You'll get to lead the team that will orchestrate the next evolution of our platform. Our software handles terabytes of data daily and we have invested in making our systems scalable and resilient. As Iterable’s technical leader, you'll help the team improve architect enterprise-grade SaaS platform components.
We have one of the strongest and most inclusive engineering cultures in the industry. Here's more information on our engineering values, and interviewing process.
You’ll get to:
- Build and motivate our growing engineering team in a remote friendly environment
- Establish the necessary processes to achieve the best possible product
- Manage complex technical projects
- Achieve enterprise-ready features by leading projects ranging from seed initiatives to customer-focused enhancements
- Coach, mentor and provide real-time, meaningful, sensitive, and constructive feedback to direct reports
- Grow the team and align project assignments with career development goals and company vision
- Work with engineering leaders to set technical direction
- Create and continuously improve engineering processes and practices
We are looking for people who have:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experienced in the software industry, including time as an individual contributor
- Experience as a Technical Lead or Manager
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and short release cycles
- Experience with teams that work on large-scale web or mobile applications
- Desire to work with the following technologies: Java/Scala and the Play Framework, GraphQL, React, AWS, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Redis, Postgres, Snowflake and Databricks
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself, and the team around you
- Manage team conflict when it arises
- Desire to build and grow engineering teams
- Industry experience building and delivering enterprise-grade software for large-scale data.
- Technical expertise in data modeling, distributed systems technologies, and cloud deployment (provisioning, multi-tenancy, frameworks and tools for system monitoring, logging.)
- Experience building an enterprise SaaS product
- Experience in the email marketing or marketing automation industries
- Experience with Experimentation, analytics and data engineering
- Open source software contributions
- Thought through conference talks, blog posts and other events
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Great compensation packages, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We’ve rethought traditional workplace planning and are looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it’s in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we've moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $191,100/year. The compensation package includes equity, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits. Additionally, perks such as daily paid lunches and generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others, are included.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.