Nextdoor (501+ Employees, 41% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 290,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, we are committed to our mission of creating the neighborhood hub for local communities. The teams within our Neighbor Experience pillar focus on creating the core experiences that drive user growth and engagement. Our Engagement team is responsible for helping neighbors feel connected to their community by surfacing interesting, relevant content and helping them contribute. The team is looking for a data-informed, innovative leader who is excited to help build up the team and deliver impactful experiences by experimenting and learning quickly.
The Impact You’ll Make
As the Engineering Manager on the Feed Infrastructure team, you will lead the team responsible for building and scaling all the underlying systems that power our Feed. In this role, you will focus on scaling a reliable, performant Feed that delivers the most valuable, relevant content to our neighbors. You will partner with Feed UX and Feed Ranking teams to improve user participation and contribution through surfacing the best content to each user. The ultimate goal is to enable teams to build on top of a robust, scalable feed platform in order to create more Active Valued Communities.
Some of the areas of focus include:
- Providing technical guidance at the architecture and product level
- Facilitating collaboration across functional teams such as product, design, engineering, and data science
- Articulating a longer term architectural vision for feed that can be delivered progressively and incrementally
- Recruit, build, coach and mentor, reinforcing engineering excellence
- Promoting a culture of feedback and transparent communication
What You’ll Bring to The Team
- 2+ years of people management or tech-lead management, on teams that build product infrastructure in an agile environment, preferably on a consumer application with frequent release cycles
- Strong technical background with the ability to set longer term architectural priorities while maintaining the ability to break those priorities into deliverable milestones
- Ability to drive a strong sense of ownership across the team and motivate the team celebrating wins and learning from experiments
- Experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
- Collaborative, thoughtful, and strategic leadership; comfortable with open communication and giving/receiving constructive feedback respectfully
- Empathy and customer obsession for collaborating with other infra and product teams across the company
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.